Chapter 59

"Dear Sora,

I know this confession is way overdue, and I know this is not the best way to confess, but in case we can't see each other on the last day, I'm giving you this.

I may have been harsh at times, I might've hurt your feelings, and I may have been an idiot but I never meant to hurt you. You're one of the most important people in my life, I can't imagine being without you again.

These two years have been horrible. I always thought, how is Sora doing? Would he remember me still? I actually found myself missing your glares and sarcastic remarks from when we first started talking. Weird, I know, but I did.

Maybe I just never realized or just didn't want to admit to myself but I always liked you. I always looked your way, telling myself it was because I was annoyed with you. At some point, I started to believe that wholeheartedly, which I now regret. But everything is working out in the end, right?

Our first date might've been awkward. Our first kiss might've been on instinct, but I'll say that I actually liked them, no matter how weird it was. We're always awkward, so nothing has changed, has it?

Many things changed when I moved to that school for the first time, and while I didn't admitted it to myself in the beginning, I think meeting you was one of the very few good things that happened. Well, apart from your bullying, but I'm guessing it's because you were jealous of others liking me.

Sora, when you moved, I felt horrible. I didn't answer your question, I didn't give you an answer. I didn't want you to leave, I was just starting to understand my feelings. I figured them out when you were gone, and by then it was too late. I missed your voice, your bright eyes, and your loud but sweet voice. The voice that even without me knowing always cheered me up.

You as a whole made me happy, and you still do. Your personality is unique, and I wouldn't ever trade you for anything. I was hoping to see you again, to hug you and kiss you and tell you how much I love you. How much I need you with me.

So, I'll ask you now.

Sora, would you spend the rest of your life together with me? Be my boyfriend, and maybe even one day, my husband? I promise to be the best boyfriend that has ever walked on earth. I promise to never leave your side, and I'll always be there when you need me. Even if something happens, don't ever feel like you're alone and not worth it, because in my eyes, you're an angel. A perfect being.

In my eyes, you're perfect in every way."

Sora bit his lip, and covered his face to hide the tears. Selphie was falling asleep again, so she didn't see him. When the water boiled, Sora did everything himself. When Selphie look up, she went to check on Sora, and started to get everything else ready while Sora tried to calm down. Yeah, he still wasn't over what he read. That had made him so happy, even if he knew Riku liked him.

"I-I'll go wake the others up," Sora mumbled to Selphie, and ran to the living room.

He wiped his face from the tears, and proceeded to wake his friends up in different ways. Mostly hitting them with that random pillow that hit Kei before. He woke Riku last, when everyone was going to the kitchen half asleep. He dug out the note, and when Riku opened his eyes, Sora jumped to hug him, mumbling things Riku still couldn't understand, having just woken up.

"Sora?"

"I love you. I love you. I love you so much," Sora mumbled into his shirt, hugging him tightly. "Yeah, I want to be your boyfriend. I want to be with you forever."

"Oh...let me confess in person, idiot," Riku said, rubbing his eyes as he gently hit Sora's head.

Sora laughed, and backed off. Riku sat up straight, and stared straight into Sora's eyes, which were now back to their original color. He grabbed his hand, feeling the cold metal around his finger, and smiled.