Chapter 9

Sora walked to the auditorium, feeling a bit better. When he opened the doors, he saw that a crowd was already sitting down. He swallowed his nervousness, and walked on the side to the stage. He passed a few familiar faces, and they gave him a thumbs up.

Sora just smiled, not trusting his voice. He also heard a few girls giggle, and wave at him. Sora winked at them, and they squealed. Sora laughed, and shook his head. When he reached the stage, and waved at Kairi. She smiled at him.

"Well, hey. You look better," she told him with a soft laugh.

"Yep! Back into the flirtatious, awesome, and great Sora!"

Kairi rolled his eyes.

"Alright Sora, here. Start getting ready for this. We have a few more minutes until you start this," Kairi told him, shoving papers into his hands.

Sora pouted. "I thought you loved me."

"And this is the very reason people used to think we were dating," Kairi giggled.

"I know, I'm sorry." Sora grinned. "Anyway, I'll go now."

Kairi nodded, and checked her list one more time. Sora made his way to the front, repeating in head to not trip. He made it without falling, and looked at the crowd. He looked for a certain someone, but he didn't see him. Sora sighed, and looked at Kairi. She gave him a thumbs up, signaling that he could start.

Sora nodded, and looked back to the front.

"I thank everyone who help me make this," Sora started, glancing down at his notes. He looked up, feeling a bit more confident. "I've never done something like this, so this was quite an experience for me."

The door opened, and it caught Sora's attention. He saw Riku walk in with Axel and Roxas behind him. Sora turned his attention back to the people sitting down.

"I've never talked like this in front of people, and I feel like I'm making a fool of myself," Sora continued.

"Isn't that always?"

Sora rolled his eyes when he heard that. He recognized that voice.

"Very funny, Tidus. Get up here if you think it's easy."

Tidus shook his head, laughing.

"Thought so."

Sora cleared his throat. "Anyway, I would like to announce the competitions, and games we have."

"First up, is the baking competition."

Kairi walked up next to him.

"Kairi is in charge of that. Any questions, go to her."

Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie stood up, and they walked up the stage, Tidus a bit reluctantly.

"Wakka is at the front desk. So if you invited any other people, they have to talk to him. Tidus is at the video games. Selphie is with the sports, and for the games that require money, you'll give it to her," Sora explained.

"I think that's all." Sora looked back for confirmation.

"Nope. Singing and the prize."

Sora groaned, but turned back.

"Right. There's one more thing." Sora sighed. "I'm in charge of the singing competition, and whoever wins, I'll stick around you."

The girls, and a few guys, thought it was interesting. Those who already signed up laughed, and others looked at each other, wondering if he had to do that.

"And no, I will stick around. I made that stupid decision before, and I plan to go through my ridiculous decision," Sora told them, and stood proudly.

Well, as proud as he could. Not that it was much.

"That's the last thing. Now for the event order," Sora started.

"Baking is first, and if you want, you can buy them after the winner is announced, next is the sports, and lastly, the singing," Sora said. "Games can be played any time. And especially during the breaks between the competition."

"One more thing," Kairi interjected. "We won't be the judges. The teachers will be."

The students felt a bit more relaxed. Some thought that it would be a biased decision. Sora, on the other hand, disliked it greatly. He had almost no control over how it would end. He just hoped his friends were great at their chosen competition.

"Let the event start! We'll be ready for the baking competition in about ten minutes! Thanks for coming!" Tidus said, softly pushing Sora and Kairi out of the way.

Sora pouted, but didn't say anything. The audience started getting up. They rushed to different parts of the building, mainly to the gym and the front yard were the games were placed.

Sora sighed, and sat down on the floor.

"What thing you have done here," Tidus commented.

Sora rolled his eyes, and stood up.

"Come one," Sora said. "Let's go to the kitchen."

They nodded, and walked out of the almost empty room. Ten minutes flew by, and people starting baking. People were outside the kitchen, but watched as they baked on a large TV placed in front of the crowd. Time went by fast, and soon, cakes and cupcakes were presented to the judges. First, they tasted the cakes, as that was the main thing they would judge.

First up was a girl with short light blond hair. She wore a white dress, and had her hands behind her back. Sora stood next to Riku and his friends. He noticed how tense Roxas had gotten at seeing her. Sora shook his head. He wouldn't pry at all.

Next was a boy with black hair, and warm brown eyes. Sora watched as everyone went. Soon, Kairi was up. She didn't show it much, but she was beyond nervous. Though, they all seemed nervous as the teacher ate their food. Once everybody had presented their cake, they stood in a line.

"These cakes were great. Everyone seems to enjoy baking, and so, your baked items were delicious," one teacher started.

"However, there can only be one winner," another picked up. "Although, you're a winners in my eyes."

That brought out a smile out of the contestants.

"We decided on a winner, and that winner will win something that Kairi will announce tomorrow," she motioned towards Kairi. "And, of course, it will be fair."

Kairi smiled. "Definitely. You'll get the prize you deserve."

The teachers nodded. "Then, let's announce the winner."

Sora crossed his fingers behind his back, hoping for Kairi to win. However, his smile disappeared when someone else's name was called.

"Naminé."

The blond girl looked surprised, then blushed when she noticed the attention she was getting. Sora cursed under his breath, but clapped for her. She still won fairly, so Sora couldn't be too upset.

"We will take a twenty minute break, and start on the sports. There'll be different ones at the same time, so choose one now. You may also buy some of the cakes and cupcakes."

A/N: I just realized that I've been spelling the last name I gave Sora wrong. *facepalms* I already fixed it. Sorry about that.