Chapter 5

Lizzie's POV

Slowly, Lizzie's eyes opened and she found herself looking up at a bare ceiling. Stunned, she quickly sat up to see the school nurse and Joel talking.

L= Umm what happened?

N= Nurse

N= Mia punched you sweetie. Very hard.

L= Joel?

J= Maybe next time you should think before you bully Jemma. Or anyone. (Walks out mad)

L= (gets a lump in her throat and runs after him)

N= Woah woah, you shouldn't walk around yet - oh never mind.

Lizzie follows Joel down the hall. Meanwhile, lessons are taking places in the classroom.

L= Joel, JOEL I'M SORRY

J= Tell that to Jemma.

L= She's fine! I saw her smiling a couple hours ago.

J= Ye well you don't know what happened.

L= So why do you hate me??

J= SHES GONE

Lizzie stops and her heart freezes (not literally)

J= She hugged me while you were fighting and then she told me she was moving school. So she's gone. The only girl I've truly loved and had a crush on. And she's gone. BECAUSE OF YOU!

L= Joel... I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. It's Yammy who leads and she pushes me to join in and.. (stutters and falls to the floor crying)

L= I just feel like my whole life is being controlled by my best friend.

J= Well sorry. You shouldn't let her control you. Next time just think. Use YOUR brain. (Walks away)

L= (stands up and feels worthless)

The school bell rings and many students walk out of classes, including Mia.

M= Well look who it is. (Giggles with friend group)

L= Go away and leave me alone

M= We have detention. Detention. You should be excluded! I don't deserve this!

L= I said, LEAVE ME ALONE

M= Sassy

M= There's no one to back you up now, is there? Where are your friends? Or are they disappointed in you? (Says in a teasing and sobby voice)

L= Go. Away.

M= Boys, (some of her minions) deal with her.

Mia walks away with joy as the boys gang up on Lizzie. One boy's fist got closer and closer to her face......

J= STOP!

Joel speeds towards the boys and knocks them over, before they could lay a finger on Lizzie. Bravely, he takes her hand and runs out of the school with her. They finally get far away enough that no one could trace them down.

L= Jo-

J= Don't. Just show me who you really are. Cuz right now you're hard to keep track of.

L= Thanks. And sorry.

A/n Yass I did a twist. Next post is tomorrow <3