Chapter 52

(A/n OMG TYSM FOR 5K READS! You guys have been soooo supportive in the comments and I'm extremely grateful for it! I never thought my story would get this far so ty!)

Lauren arrives at Joel's house. She enters into the living room and hugs Lizzie and Joel.

Lau= I'm so sorry I was hard on you! I didn't mean anything I said. And I'm very very sorry to hear what happened. You both must be devastated, so I'm going to take you out!

J= Where?

Lau= To this amazingg smoothie place!

L= I don't really feel like goin-

Lau= It will cheer you up! Let's go there right now! You might want to get changed first.

J= Okay, we'll be a second.

Lizzie and Joel change clothes. Lizzie wears a white blouse with black jeans and a silver necklace, trying to make herself more happier. Joel wears a green top with a jacket and jeans.

J= We're ready.

L= (turns around and smiles) Okay! Let's goooo

They finally arrive at the smoothie store, and place their orders. They sit at a 4-person table that have the most comfy seats, the colour pearl-white.

L= (starts crying again)

J= (hugs tight)

Lau= Lizzieee! Cheer up, I don't want you getting upset all day.

J= Me too.

L= Sorry, you didn't just find out your sister died.

J= We know, and we're sorry. But please brighten up, the smoothies will be delicious!

Lau= Here they come!

The waiter arrives with 3 smoothies. A banana, a raspberry and a tropical.

Joel takes the banana and Lauren takes the tropical. The last one left was the raspberry. Lizzie takes it with her shaky hand, and slowly lifts the straw to her chapped, rosy lips. The tasty liquid flows down her throat, the raspberry giving a sweet sense to her stomach.

L= It's amazing!

She keeps on drinking more, making every sip count.

J= Woo!

Lau= Are you feeling any better?

L= Yes! Thank you.

J= And to make you even more excited, it's your seventeenth birthday soon!

L= I have nothing planned for it..

Lau= I can arrange a party if you want!

L= No it's okay, I don't want to make a big deal about it.

After a long discussion, with smoothies in hands, the three decide to leave. Lauren walks back to hers but Joel and Lizzie make their way to a special place.

The pink blossoms which would normally surround the trees around this special place were gone, and instead the branches were bare. The lake around it wasn't clear and warm, it was filled with rubbish and was slightly polluted. The bench Lizzie would normally sit at, is vandalised, and the seat is broken.

L= The secret garden looks terrible!

They run across the lake while the fresh breeze picks up, and it suddenly gets chilly.

J= Maybe we should just head home.

L= But we need to sort it out!

J= Wait till spring, when the blossoms come back. Then we can maybe save the bench and lake.

L= Oh, ok. Speaking of lakes, can we sit by it for a bit? To relax my mind.

J= Sure.

They sit down on the grass, and dangle their legs over the water. Lizzie starts to shiver as the fierce wind picks up.

J= Here - (takes jacket off) take this. (Wraps around Lizzie)

L= Thank you (rests head on his shoulder

J= (kisses on head)

L= I love you

J= I love you too, now let's head home?

L= Okay (smiles)

They walk home and get greeted by Buddy, with his tail up. He starts meowing.

B= Meeeeeoooowwww meeeow meow meeoooooww.

J= I'll go feed him.

Lizzie walks upstairs and sees her video setup. She decides to record a video.

L= Hey guys! LDShadowlady here....