Chapter 57

(A/n Sorry if I don't post sometimes XD. I didn't think my story would get this far and I couldn't have done it without internallyxscreaming. I will try and update more :))

L= So I can't live with my mum?

Policeman= Well she failed to defend Maddie. She was said to be sitting on the bed while her daughter got stabbed with a hammer to death.

Lizzie sat in the police office, waiting to find out where she'd go.

Policeman= Thought you were staying with that nice lad.

L= "Nice" is an overstatement (rolls eyes)

Police= Well I've rang a care home for children under 18. They'll take you tomorrow morning. In the meantime, you can stay in the lobby. Toilets will be a few corridors down and you can sleep on the seating areas.

L= Umm... Okay.

Policeman= Okay, you can g- (phone rings)

Policeman= Hello? No I don't want those boxers!! (Goes bright red) Um just get the ones I asked for... Buh bye.

L= (sniggers)

Policeman= Go!

Lizzie quickly walks off to the lobby. She sits in there for the rest of the day and night. The seats are quite uncomfortable, and she keeps moving into different positions. Lizzie wakes up to the sound of rain pattering against the clear windows. She hears policemen and women down the corridors, and the man she met the other day is standing in front of her, all dressed in uniform.

Policeman= The care-worker is here!

He steps out the way to reveal a friendly woman. She has dark skin and lovely black curls. A warm smile spreads across her face as she gets introduced to Lizzie.

Cw= Hello Lizzie, I'm Caren and will be your care-worker until you're 18 when you can move out and live on your own! How exciting!!

L= Yeah. (Fake smiles)

Caren= Well, unless you get fostered of course.

L= Doubt it.

Caren= Right we should get going!

Caren leads Lizzie to an old-looking car. She steps in and sits at the back, where she places all her bags.

Caren= You'll love it at the home! (Starts engine) There's a girl around your age- Mindy. She'll be nice to you I'm sure. (Chatters on)

L= Nice

Caren= There's also a girl named Jade, not the nicest I must say but she's lovely really!! And there's a boy your age- quite a fitty I must say!! (Giggles)

L= (fake laughs) (think to self) What a nutcase!

Lizzie's head wonders around the car. She stares out the window, where she sees her street - Joel's street. The car travels past his house which gives Lizzie a nervous feeling inside her stomach. Thinking about Joel, she checks her phone.

13 missed calls and 25 new messages from Joel.

L= Wow. Little sh*t has the nerve to text me.

Caren= Language! You won't be using that in front on the little ones!

L= Sorry. (Thinks about Buddy)

Lizzie looks at her messages from Joel:

J= Lizzie I'm sorry please don't go to care I'd tell you why I was with her and why I said what I said but I'm not telling you over text!
J= Liz I'm so sorry please please don't go I love u.
J= Lizzie?
J= Liz please
J= I'm an awful person who doesn't deserve you
J= Lizzie!! I miss you please come back.
J= Lizzie
J= Lizzie
J= LIZZIE
J= LIZZIEE???
J=  Lizzie I'm so sorry I love u not Jemma.
J= God Lizzie please answer my calls!!
J= Lizzie don't ignore me I'm sorry
J= Lizzie!!!!
J= Liz I'm sorry I'm so so so so so sorry
J= There's a reason behind everything Liz!
J= Ur birthday is soon I wanted to spend it with u!
J= I'm so sorry
J= U ripped our photos. Was that earlier or our other fight?
J= Liz please answer.
J= I love u
J= I hate Jemma
J= I didn't mean the kiss
J= I love u
J= Lizzie???? :((((

Lizzie stares at the messages in sadness. A small feeling of regret floods her body. She feels like she swallowing up everything around her...

Caren= Lizzie??? Hello are you listening to me?

L= Huh? Oh sorry pardon?

Caren= We are here!!

Lizzie's eyes drift up up see a big house.

Caren= Welcome to your new home!!