Chapter 89

J= What are you two doing?

L= Nothing just celebrating!! (Fake smiles, shares eye contact with Yammy)

Y= Yeahh

J= Give me some wine then! I'll celebrate too... But first let's read my assignment! I can't wait for you to see it.

L= How about wine first?

J= Talking about wine, you've spilt some on the floor! I'll go get the cleaning spray (rolls eyes)

Joel leaves the room and Lizzie and Yammy are left, panicking on what to do. The assignment was outside on the front lawn. It could've blown away, or Joel might see it through the kitchen window!

Y= What now????

L= Ummm (panicks)

Y= Let's get packing.

L= For what?

Y= We're moving to Africa. We won't be able to face Joel. (Stands up)

L= No Yammy that's stupid -

Joel comes back and cleans the stain. Yammy and Lizzie stare at him nervously.

J= All done! Where's my assignment?

L= Not sure, you tell us (lies)

Yammy flinches as Lizzie says this, and Joel gets suspicious.

J= Where is my assignment Yammy?

Y= Um (voice shakes) definitely not on the lawn outside! Don't look there cuz it won't be there!

L= Yammy!

J= WHAT?

Joel runs outside and retrieves his assignment. It has a terrible wine stain, ruining the entire project.

J= WHAT DID YOU DO TO IT!

L= We spilt wine on it! Accidentally! We didn't want you to be angry so we threw it outside. I read it though, it was amazing!

J= Really? (Smiles) (shakes head and continues) HOW CARELESS!

Y= I'm gonna go.. See you at school tomorrow?

Yammy quickly leaves, leaving Joel and Lizzie to fight.

L= Well if you hadn't been so focused on your assignment maybe you'd know how I feel. I stood up to Tia after her putting me down so much and you barely cared!

J= You clearly don't care that you've just ruined my chances at a good job!

L= I thought you were sticking to YouTube!

J= Maybe I wanted a different job!

L= Maybe you should've stopped going on about it!

J= Maybe you should've been more careful!

L= Maybe you should sleep on the sofa tonight!

J= Maybe you should instead!

All of sudden, the phone rings. They immediately go silent, and rush to the phone.

L= Hello? Yes this is she. Really? I'll be right around!

J= What was that then?

L= You know what. (Grabs coat and slams door behind her)

Lizzie drives for a few miles and stops at a small cottage. An old lady is standing by the door, ushering her in.

Lady= I 'eard a loud meow, and saw a cute lil' cat, very skinny and tired it was, so I took it in. I 'ave kept it for a day and saw something online about a missing cat with your number, identical to this lil' one I 'ave.

L= Really? Where is he?

At that moment, a cat came running up to Lizzie, meowing and wrapping around her legs.

L= BUDDY! How did you get this far from home? (Picks up and hugs)

Lady= Glad I found 'im. Ta ta! (Waves)

Lizzie takes Buddy home, and he immediately rushes to the food bowl.

L= I've missed you doing that!

An hour later, Lizzie walks upstairs to see Joel in the bed, with his back turned.

L= Buddy's home.

J= (grunts) I'll see him tomorrow.

L= Unbelievable. I guess I'm sleeping on the sofa?

Joel doesn't reply. Lizzie can't believe how immature Joel is being.

L= FINE! I will! (Throws shoe at Joel's head)

J= OUCH!

L= (stomps downstairs)

Lizzie lays on the sofa, cuddling Buddy underneath a blanket.

L= I missed you Buddy (kisses his head)

They both doze off of on the couch, ending the eventful day.