Chapter 44

Lizzie's POV

Glistening, fluffy snow falls elegantly onto the busy roads. It would be completely rare for Lizzie's town to be busy, apart from at Christmas. Many horns of angry drivers in their sugar-coated cars beeped furiously. Lizzie was trapped in Joel's house, waiting for the school day to finish. It was the last school day till the break up of the holidays, which was good for Lizzie because the time excluded would be a part of that holiday. (A/n Ik Joel's birthday was recent in my story and Joel's birthday isn't close to Christmas irl but I'm making up their birthdays in this story, just putting this out there XD).

Lizzie waited as she slowly read many negative and positive comments on her video. Her heart felt numb reading all the hate, but she realised for every bad comment, there were twice as many good comments.

Finally, Lizzie saw Joel appearing through the winter's chill in the distance. Instead of feeling happy, Lizzie felt a sting of anger for Joel at that moment. She thought about how Joel wasn't there for her in that crowd. For all she knew, he could've been booing with everyone else. Joel started getting closer...

Lizzie's phone rings

Y= LIZZIE how the hell does Kyle know I'm pregnant. You b*tch either you or Joel told him. Thanks a lot

Phone call ends

L= Wow. Joel told Kyle.

This made Lizzie even more fuming towards Joel. He arrived at the house, opened the door and saw Lizzie, with a look that seemed like she wanted to murder someone.

J= Liz - You ok?

L= YOU DIDN'T EVEN CARE THAT I WAS BOOED OUT OF SCHOOL AND YOU COULD'VE EVEN BEEN IN THAT CROWD!

J= Li-

L= AND I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TOLD KYLE! YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T!

J= LI-

L= I TRUSTED YOU!

J= LIZZIE! STOP! I got to the crowd and by the time I was there you had already gone!

L= And the Kyle thing?

J= Well-

L= Exactly.

Lizzie storms off to the bedroom and stays in there all evening. Finally, Joel goes upstairs and gets into bed also.

J= Lizzie. We can't fall out, it's Christmas soon.

L= (no reply)

J= Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?

L= Apologise to Yammy

J= I will.

L= (on a kitten adoption website) (mumbles to self) I wish (sad face)

Joel overhears Lizzie (as he's right next to her) and sees the pictures of kittens...

J= (whispers to self) I have an idea...