Chapter 62

Joel's POV

Joel had suffered guilt and a desperate Jemma clinging to him everyday. He missed Lizzie dearly and longed to see her again. He ended up arranging to meet her - this filled his heart with relief and joy. Joel was finally going to tell her why he kissed Jemma, and it would be fine if she found out, because Lizzie isn't even going to the same school anymore... well that's what he assumed. Joel combed his hair and tucked his hands in his jeans. They were going to meet at the 'Secret Garden' - where Lizzie first found out. The cool wind battered his face and his eyes squinted with difficulty.  

J= Oh I hope Lizzie comes. 

It was 10:23. Joel sat on the bench with his stomach filled with ecstatic butterflies.

Lizzie's POV

Lizzie didn't care about her phone, or supper. She just wanted the truth. The truth as to why Joel kissed Jemma, and why all of a sudden he loved her. Then, a dreaded thought came to her mind. What if it's a prank?

In the distance, she could see the garden. It looked as droopy as ever. A familiar figure was sat on the bench - Joel. Lizzie hooked her loose hair around her hair, sighed, and walked onwards. She approached him and sat down next to him awkwardly.

J= (nervous voice) Hi

L= (forced tone) Hi.

All of a sudden, Joel cracked.

J= OMG Lizzie I'm so sorry the thing is Jemma made me kiss her and if I didn't pretend to love her she would ruin your life and I didn't want her to harm you any further so I just played along I'm so so so so so sorry and will never do anything like this again!! It was just for your protection and I love you I really do I've just been so guilty of hurting your feelings.

L= Woah woah woah. Jemma blackmailed you?

J= Yea

L= I'm sorry I didn't give you time to explain, but why couldn't you tell me this earlier?

J= If I told you, she would still ruin your life.

L= Oh.

J= So you'll move back in?

L= Joel I'm not sure I want to. And I can't if I did. I'm stuck in care till I'm 18. And it's my birthday in less than a week.

J= Lizzie (frowns) Will you still be at school?

L= I haven't talked about school with them yet.

J= Okay... um do you... uh... still love me?

L= Joel

J= What

L= The thing is..

J= Oh no

L= There's this boy 1 year older than me at care. And he's nic-

J= Oh so you've moved on have you? Great.

L= No I don't think he likes me anyway.

J= You know what? Go back to your new boyfriend while I suffer with Jemma.

L= Joel, I'm the victim here, what do you expect?

J= Oh I'm sorry I am just being stupid, you're right.

L= (rolls eyes) Is there anything you've done with Jemma?

A strong drift of wind rustles the bare branches of the tree that hung above them. The atmosphere seemed eerie.

J= Ummm

L= Just tell me.

J= We- we uh- we may have slept together. (bows head in shame)

L= YOU WHAT???? And that was pretend huh?? Yea- you can't pretend to DO THAT with someone. And I was beginning to forgive you. Nope. See you never Joel. (stands up)

J= Lizzie I was drunk

L= Were you now? Well I've had enough. Our spark has just disappeared and I am moving on- I suggest you do it again with Jemma- that will make you happy (runs back to care home)

Lizzie rushed back with tears dripping down her face. How could Joel do that? She opened the front door to see Caren staring at her. Caren noticed Lizzie's tears and brought her into a hug.

C= Now now, no more running away? Yes?

L= Yes

C= Go do your chores and I just might let you have your phone AND supper.

L= Okay.

Lizzie walks back upstairs and shares a look at Brody. They both smile as they walk past each other.

(A/n Don't worry Jizzie shippers! Jizzie shall be back!! Maybe....)