Chapter 20

Lizzie and Joel walk home at 3am, hand in hand as they recall memories.

L= Remember when I fell in the lake, I nearly died!

J= And when I beat up those men for you!

L= Ye, well all that seems to be gone now. We've left it too long. I lost you.

J= We didn't lose each other, it's just that we took a break.

L= You took yours with the populars.

J= Sorry

L= With Mia (turns head trying not to cry)

J= Sorry. I'll do anything for forgiveness (smirks playfully)

L= Hmm, well.. Come over here.

They both make their way to a familiar scene, but Joel's eyes are closed.

L= Right step two times forward.

J= Ok... One.. Tw AHFHFHHHJGG

Lizzie collapses with laughter as Joel falls into the same lake she had many months ago.

J= Right that's your payback done (says as he pulls himself out of the water)

L= Let's go back to yours.

The pair make their way back to Joel's house and change into sleepwear to watch a movie on the soft couch. But there was one problem..

L= I don't have any other clothes, apart from underneath.

J= Oh, have this blanket to wrap around yourself, it's cosy!

They settle down and watch 'Paddington.'

J= I'd never thought I'd be watching this again.

L= Me neither (giggles)

Lizzie lays her head on Joel's shoulder, and cuddles up. Not long after, she falls asleep on him.

J= (sighs smiling)

Joel turns the TV off and also falls asleep.

They wake up a little too late... 11:46

Lizzie's eyes open slowly and she looks around, darting her eyes around the room. She realises she's with Joel, and smiles as she lays her head down. She quickly checks her watch, to see the time.

L= SH*T!

J= (wakes up) huh?

L= We are late for school! We overslept

J= Oh sugar! It's alright, we can miss one day.

L= Okay. To be honest, I am still tired.

Joel and Lizzie decide to go back to sleep, and they sleep through the day until 4pm! They wake up and get dressed, Lizzie in her clothes from the other night.

L= Where am I gonna live?

J= You could live here, if you want.

L= Really!? Thank you so much!

J= No problem, but we need to buy you more clothes.

They go out and Lizzie buys joggy bottoms, a pair of shorts, an off the shoulder jumper, a cute frilled crop top and a new pair of shoes.

L= Uhh night ware? Oh here, a dressing gown will do.

They head back and the time is 7pm.

J= Wanna order pizza?

L= Sure!

The pizza arrives and they spend the night together, watching films and laughing together. They get changed into their night ware, Lizzie puts her dressing down on and Joel a baggy top with night shorts.

L= I think I can say it now Joel, I love -

Just then, Lizzie receives a text...

Lizzie you and JOEL weren't at school today. Coincidence much? I know something fishy is happening between you two. If you've got back with him, I swear I will find u and mess u up! Xox- Mia.

L= Oh no...