Chapter 27

A/n I am quite guilty of not updating in ages... Heh I have a lot to do with school and other things like that and apologise if you missed the story? Lol probs not but I will be posting two or three times a week! Hopefully.... Anyway on with the story.............

Lizzie's POV

Lizzie rolls onto her side and feels a sharp pain in her hip. She realises where she is and sighs. In Lizzie's head, all she can think about is Joel, never mind the wound in her side. She thinks about him. His kindness. His loyalty. His determination. Her mind leads down different pathways, and onto school. The dreaded Monday that could possibly ruin Lizzie and her family's life forever. She remembers that Joel said he would stop Mia from exposing anything. Lizzie prays what he said was true. Her heart skips a beat and she thinks about what would happen...

Nurse= You were asleep a while.

L= I was tired.

Nurse= Did you like your juice?

L= Yes.

Nurse= Did I tell you about how much I loved the juice, banana -

L= Yes!

Nurse= Oh, well would you like to hear more about it? I could sure tell you a lot more if you'd like!

L= Um no thanks. So when can I go..? Like in a few hours? A day?

Nurse= (bursts out laughing) nice one!

L= (confused) what?

Nurse= You'll be here a lot longer than a day kiddo. Maybe a month.

L= What, I need to see Joel and go to school!

Nurse= Yes, well all in a matter of time. The days will go quickly, don't worry.

L= Ye, right (mumbles)

The day wares on, and Lizzie can't think about anything but Mia and her evil plans. She thinks, 'what if she exposed Maddie, would everyone hate me?' and, 'wait no Joel might've stopped her.' Lizzie was stuck in her head, and she needed to escape. Staring at a blank ceiling with her psycho sister a few doors away, she couldn't handle it.

Lizzie looked around the room and no one was there, apart from outside the room, where two doctors were talking. Lizzie darted her eyes for an escape rout. There was a window, quite high, and it was open. The window was small and rectangular. Lizzie could try and get through it, but her hip was the only thing stopping this. She gets up and stands. Her hip doesn't hurt. Lizzie walks around and her hip still doesn't hurt. Then, she brushes past a table, and her injury stings.

L= Great. This will totally go well....

Lizzie pushed the table to the wall where the window sat. She climbed on top and peered through the window.

L= I can do this... I can do this.

She used all her strength to heave herself up, and poked her head out of the window. Then, a noise came from the door to the isolated room. The nurse was coming. Lizzie gritted her teeth. She had to do this. Her arms reached to the sides if the tiny window and Lizzie pulled, using all her strength and doing this as fast as she could. Footsteps were booming in the distance. Lizzie heaved. Her body filled with pain. She couldn't stop, she pulled herself through the window, her hip burning. The door handle turned and Lizzie quickly got her leg through, and found herself falling. The nurse opened the door with her mouth hanging open.

Nurse= Lizzie!? Lizzie where are you! DOCTORS, A PATIENT HAS VANISHED!!

Lizzie touched the ground and landed, lying in a bush, silently screaming in anxiety. Her wound was too much to handle. She lay there, thinking about what Joel was doing at that moment...

L= (groans and whispers to self) Where's Joel when you need him..?