Chapter 1: Banished

(Hiccup's pov)

Anger. Hate. Disgust. And rejection. I've been suffering from these emotions for all my life, I've never been exposed to any shred of kindness, respect, or even love, except from Gobber and Gothi who are the only ones who treat me like a human being.

I honestly didn't even know what I expected. That I could trust... her and believe everything would be alright. But no, I was caught with my dragon Toothless, who is also the infamous Night Fury. I was dragged to the Great Hall by my enraged father Stoick the Vast until he threw me to the stone cold floor.

I grunted as I made contact with the ground and got up. "You just committed the ultimate crime boy!" He snarled before continuing. "Befriending a dragon?! Have you lost your mind?" He barked out in great anger, I didn't flinch however, Vikings are so stubborn to accept or even try change. "I've bonded with a Night Fury Dad! Imagine if all of Berk made peace with dragons. We can alter the course of history." I tried to sway but he punched the nearest pillar and shouted. "BLASPHEMY!!" His thunderous voice echoing throughout the Hall.

My anger began to boil. This... man doesn't have any vision, all he wants is to continue fighting a war that the dragons are forced to engage in. "You've thrown your lot with them." Stoick seethed. "Those monsters killed your MOTHER!!!" He roared, I stood tall and firm, I wasn't going to back down.

"Yes. But this isn't the dragons fault Dad, they're forced to fight a war for their tyrant of a queen." I rambled, my eyes widened after I realized what I just said, Stoick tilted his head and spoke. "Their queen?" His eyes nearly popped out of his sockets in realization. "You've been to the nest?!" He hissed, I backed up, now I'm waist deep in shit.

Stoick grabbed my arms. "How did you find it?!! HOW?!!" He demanded, I just gave him a cold stare and spat in his face, he wiped the saliva off his face a hurled me to ground. "You're not my son." He spat, I was taken back by this, but soon my emotions turned into hateful as I stood back up. "And you're sure as hell don't deserve to be a father!" I shot back at him.

His gaze softened and I used the opportunity to leave the Hall. I stormed into my house and packed up everything I needed, because I'm not staying here any longer, not that I would anyway, considering I've befriended dragons. As I exited the house I was greeted by Astrid Hofferson. The girl I've loved, trusted and looked up to. And also the one who sold me out because of her jealousy.

"What do you want Hofferson." I spat her name like a rotten fish, she looked hurt but soon caught up with me. "Hiccup. I didn't mean for this to go so far, I thought your father would—" Before she could continue, Stoick came up behind me and dragged me to the village square where everyone was gathered, shouting curses and insults at me.

"Traitor!!"

"Flay all his skin off!!"

"Give him the Blood Eagle!!"

The insults and demands of ghastly torture and executions kept coming, until I was thrown back to the ground, I grunted at the pain, I looked to my left to see Toothless held at sword point by the neck and I tensed, I looked at Stoick and gave him a murderous look. "People of Berk! This boy has committed the most highest act of treason. Befriending a dragon." Stoick then looked at me and gave a stare that would send any dragon wishing they were never born.

"Was it worth it?" He asked, everyone waited for my response, I looked at my ex father dead in eyes with no fear or regret before answering. "If I could do it again? I'd do it in a heartbeat." The people roared in outrage and began trying to get to me but were held back by the guards.

Stoick nodded and listened to all the curses being thrown in my direction, he then turned back to me and announced. "Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. For the penalty of your crime, we find you guilty and sentence you to death." I inhaled sharply, I needed to act fast before I give these animals the satisfaction of spilling my blood. I saw my Uncle Spitelout with a sword in hand walked up behind me, he yanked a fistful of my hair, making me yelp in pain. "There is a place for you in Hel. Allow me to send you on your way... Useless." He seethed out before releasing me. I looked over to see all the teens look at me, Snotlout and his lapdogs had evil grins on their faces; Astrid, Fishlegs and the Thorsten twins looked terrified though, possibly feeling the regret of pushing me away for all these years.

Not that it matters to make atonements now.

An idea formed in my mind. I feel the swords tip right up to my back and I pretend to accept my end. Before Spitelout could deliver the kill blow, I elbowed him in the groin with all my might making him fall to his knees and dropping his sword, I grabbed the sword and rushed toward Toothless. The guards attempted to cut me down but Toothless smacked them with his long tail, I cut off the muzzle off his maw and cut the ropes binding him, we quickly shot up to the sky just in time as Stoick attempted to tackle us.

As Toothless and I hovered above the village, Stoick roared out. "YOU ARE FOREVER BANISHED BOY!!! DON'T COME BACK!!!" All the villagers continued to throw insults at my direction, my own father has thrown me away, like I'm an item to be disposed of. That shoots my anger through the roof.

"Toothless." My faithful friend turns his head toward me. "Plasma blast." I say coldly, he obeys and fires, the blast radius sends dozens of people back and I hear them crying out in agony, Astrid the teens and a handful of others more familiar with me look up at me, horrified at what I just did. "I OFFER YOU ALL A WAY OUT OF THIS POINTLESS WAR, BY MAKING PEACE WITH THE DRAGONS. BUT IF YOU WISH TO DIE, BY ALL MEANS!!" I spat out before Toothless and I take off, and I don't even bother looking back.

My chains are finally broken. I'm finally free from those savages, now me and Toothless will forge our own path and our own destiny, one that involves unification with man and dragons.

A/N: Due to many people moaning about the pairing, I'm rewriting these series. Sorry for those who enjoyed the original, but I've been going through some serious crap at school, work and now this. So I'm rewriting it, and to those of you who wanted the rewrite? Your welcome. Hope you enjoy.