Chapter 6: Let the hunt begin

(Hiccups pov)

Mala and I were in the market, buying new weapons, luckily being heir to Berk meant I had a chest full of coin, but I put it all in bags and would use them for occasions like this. Mala was inspecting an arrow, she caught some men staring at us, I thought it was nothing, but Mala believed otherwise.

We finished purchasing four dozen sets of arrows for us to use in hunting or battles, as we were making our way back to our dragons I noticed something on a wall, I saw a paper with a sketch of me on it. A bounty to be exact. Wait. What?!! There is a bounty on my head?!!!

Why?

I tear off the paper and show Mala, she reads it over and spots the interesting part. "This boy is wanted by Chieftain Stoick the Vast of Berk, whoever brings back Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III will be paid in five thousand pieces of gold." She gave me a worried look, I kick a bucket in anger and yell, sending a group of Terrible Terrors flying away.

That man banished me, now he wants me back? Oh, it's so obvious now. "My father wants me back because I know the source of the dragon raids." Mala looks at me, puts the bounty in her bag and places a hand on my shoulder. "I'll protect you from these bounty hunters Hiccup, with my life." I shake my head and give her a reassuring look. "I'm not hopeless Mala, you taught me how to use the sword, I'm getting better with it every day. If those bounty hunters want me, I won't go down without a fight." She nodded and gave me a smile.

By now we were starting to grow unwanted attention, men had weapons drawn and were coming our way.

I looked at Mala. "Let's make ourselves scarce." She hums in agreement, we moved across the blocks, trying to blend into the crowds, though these bounty hunters were persistent. I saw a bow on a table, I snatched it, pulled out an arrow from Malas bag and fired. The arrow pierced one of the bounty hunters in face, he screamed in agony and dropped, everyone around us began panicking and scattered, we used the opportunity to run, the hunters though were right on our tails.

Mala drew her sword out and cut one of the hunters legs clean off his body, he dropped wailing as he was cradling his missing limb. Another group of hunters came around a block and joined the chase, this was getting annoying, I used my dragon call and within minutes a streak of purple fire separated us from the hunters. Toothless landed between us and was snarling viciously at the hunter and then shot a plasma blast at their feet, warming them to back off. I climb on top of my dragon I extend my hand out for Mala, she takes it and once she's one we shoot toward the heavens. "That gold is ours Hiccup Haddock!! You can't run forever!!" One of the bounty hunters screamed.

I release a sigh of relief, I turn around to see Mala testing her chin on my shoulder, she wraps her arms tighter around my waist and whispers. "We did it." I nodded and smiled at her. "You and I are going to change everything Mala, with you by my side, we'll be unstoppable." She smiles and playfully ruffled my hair causing me to chuckle. "I look forward to it. Oh great Dragon Master." I smiled, that's actually a pretty accurate name to bestow on me. But we fly back to the Isle of Night in a comfortable silence.