Chapter 35: Red Death

(Hiccups pov)

As my forces engaged the enemy, it was up to Toothless and I to take down the Red Death, I'm liking these odds. But I can't underestimate this dragon, she's the reason for all this madness. "Alright bud, I think it's time to remove this dragon from power huh?" Toothless warbled in agreement and fired a high concentrated bolt, upon impact the Red Death screams agony and pulls at the Berserker ships. What is it doing?

The Red Death turns on the Berserkers, destroying their ships in a massive wave of fire. She pulls harder and the chains that secured her earlier are removed and she gives us a murderous look. Now the fight really starts.

"What's wrong, buddy?" I asked as Toothless fires another shot right in her eyes. "Got something in your eye?"

The Red Death roared and her paw missed Dagur's command ship by an inch. Astrid and Shade flew by and looked at us unloading fire power on the Red Death's eyes.

"Yeah! You're the Viking!" Astrid cheered making me roll my eyes playfully. "Nope, not a Viking, I'm a Dragon Rider!" She smiles and joined us.

The Red Death then gave a massive roar and destroyed a ship with her club like tail and then fired another wave of fire in our direction. "Watch out!!" The flames nicked me, causing me to hiss in pain, I look at the Red Deaths physic and see that she's got wings. "Okay, let's see if she can use those wings!"

Toothless turned around and started diving and shot a plasma blast at the Red Death. The blast knocked her down to the ground and breathe heavily. Everyone watched as the Red Death got up and spread her wings out. "Astrid go help the others! I got this!" She gave a worried look. "Please be careful! I love you." I smiled and nodded. "I love you too, I'll be fine." I promise, she nods and joins the other riders.

"Think that did it?" I asked. Toothless and I looked behind us and saw the Red Death chasing after us. "Well she can fly." Hiccup said.

We flew straight down passing the Vikings and all of them cheered for me. We kept flying but the Red Death smashed through the sea stacks coving the islands waters. I then noticed the dark cloudy skies this morning. The gods seem to be on our side.

"Okay, Toothless time to disappear!" I said, Toothless nods and gains higher altitude. "Come on bud!" The Red Death still hot in our tails.

(Normal pov)

Everyone watched as Hiccup, Toothless and the Red Death flew high into the sky until they couldn't be seen anymore. The Red Death was ready to fire a blast of fire but Hiccup saw it coming.

"Here it comes!" Hiccup said.

The Red Death fired a blast of flames, but Hiccup and Toothless avoided it just in time. The Red Death was about to bite them but they got away from her and disappeared into the clouds. She looked around wildly trying to find them and then a few seconds later a plasma blast hit her wings. She turned around but more plasma blast kept hitting her wings again and again. The Red Death let out a roar of annoyance as she blew fire everywhere in the sky hoping to hit them.

The duo saw the flames fast approaching and saw a wave flames coming right for them. "Watch out!" Hiccup said as they flew by, Toothless barrel rolled out of the fires path. "Alright bud, lets end this now." They then flew through one of the holes in the Red Death's wings they made. "Come on it that the best you could do you?"

The Red Death looked at them in anger and tried to bite them. But they managed to get away. Toothless started diving back downwards as the Red Death followed them.

"Stay with me buddy, we're good. Just a little bit longer." Hiccup encouraged as the Red Death's eyes narrowed. "Hold Toothless." The Red Death got ready to shoot fire. "NOW!" Hiccup yelled.

Toothless spun around and shot a fire ball into the Red Death's mouth setting her alight. The Red Death realised what they were trying to do and her eyes widened in panic, she then spread her wings out and they slowed her down from the impact of hitting the ground, but she couldn't react in time as she crashed headfirst into a giant mountain and roared in sheer agony.

Everyone's breath seemed to have left their lungs wondering if the Berserker and Outcast alliance lost their ultimate weapon. The Red Death gave a weak roar and slowly got back on her feet, only to see that her face had been ripped open. She gave an agonizing roar that seemed to hammer into everyone's skulls, she looked at Hiccup and Toothless in a fiery rage and charged at them once more.

She head butted the duo as they began falling to their death. Toothless the first to recover, dived after Hiccup began he touched the earth. Within a minute of failing, Toothless wraps himself around his rider and impact hard on the beach, Toothless then groans in pain and breathes heavily.

The Red Death flew off into the horizon, blood still oozing out of her wounds caused by landing face first into a mountain.

Toothless struggled to keep his eyes open, checking to see if his rider was safe, the Night Fury heard his heart beating slowly. Good. His human was just unconscious, the Dragon gave a roar for help before everything went black.