Chapter 21: Thoughts

(Hiccup's pov)

As Mala and I entered my home, I punched the wall as hard as I could, I breathed in and out heavily, I looked at my fist to see it scraped and blood began forming. I looked to Mala, she gave a worried look, walked over to me and dabbed alcohol on bandages and wrapped it around my hand.

"They treat me like a damn thrall, place a bounty on my head and now they're coming here to live with us? It's a bad idea, but I can't let innocent lives suffer either." I exhaled, Mala nodded and and finished wrapping my hand in bandages, she caressed my cheek lovingly and I melted in her touch. "Indeed." I looked into the fire, it's flames dancing and crackling, Mala cupped my chin so I could face her.

"I see a boy that turned into a strong man, who survived fifteen years of humiliation, rejection and torment by your former kin, they've wronged you in so many ways Hiccup. And they cast you aside." I shut my eyes and my breath was shaky, I looked down, every memory of Berk treating me as if I was a plague, it slowly began to reopen old scars.

"However, when they banished you..." Mala placed her hand on mine and continued. "...you found me and my people. You gave us a new purpose and you saved all of us." She smiled at me and I nodded, I placed my hand on hers and I looked in her eyes. "You're like the sister I never had Mala, I appreciate your words and friendship, they've been of tremendous help to me." Mala smiled and pulled me into a hug, as I did to her.

"The pleasure is mine Hiccup, and you're like the brother I never had." I smiled and closed my eyes, she truly is something else.

(Astrid's pov)

As we made our way back home, I couldn't help but think about Hiccup, these three years had changed him tremendously. And for the better. He was so handsome, so confident. I always thought he was cute, but now? He's... just... wow.

Ruffnut sat next to me and nudged me. "You alright?" She asked me, I nodded and looked at her. "I just... hope things go smoothly between Hiccup's people and ours. I want peace between the two of us." Ruffnut looked at me with a confused look. "Since when do you care about Hiccup?" I sighed and replied back. "I've always liked him, the only reason I turned my back on him was to make myself Berks finest warrior." Ruffnut's eyes widened at this but nodded.

She then rubbed my back and said. "I hope he still has affections for you sister, if not? I'm gonna whoop his ass." I smirked and replied back. "Sounds good." We both laughed and continued talking about his new village, but in the back of my mind, I really do hope Hiccup still has affections for me.