Chapter 27: I love you

(Normal pov)

Cold.

Not just any cold. It was the kind of cold that could freeze your blood solid in your veins. Winter had slammed into the Archipelago and the Strike Clan was more than prepared for it. They've finished their hunting and trade for food, more than enough to survive the cruel cold until Spring warms their intent.

Everyone entered their homes and super heated them so the clan wouldn't all freeze to death over night. Mala and Calus ordered their Black Guards to get the Hooligans into their huts. "A storm is coming my Queen, what if Hiccup gets caught in it?" Mala looks at her companion and rests a hand on his shoulder. "That's a very high chance, but worry not, Hiccup and Toothless will be able to wait out the storm until it clears." Calus nodded and looks out toward the horizon.

(Unknown location)

Hiccup along side with Astrid were caught in the deadly blizzard, the icy winds slamming into them with an unforgiving fury. Toothless and Shade were having problems flying, they were barely able to fly in this weather, Astrid scanned below them and spotted an island. "Hiccup!! There's island below us!! We need to wait out this storm or we'll die of hypothermia!!!" She shouts over the winds, Hiccup spotted the island and shouted back. "Alright!! Let's go!!!" They descended to the island below and soon found a cave to shelter them from the storm.

Once they entered the cave, they prepared a fire to keep the cold at bay. Hiccup unclipped a bag from Toothless's saddle and pulled out bear pelts and a sleep roll, Shade exited the mouth of the cave to gather wood while Toothless guarded the caves mouth. Astrid emptied her bag to set up her bed roll and wrap herself around wolf pelts, soon Shade returned with massive barks of wood and Toothless fires at the wood and the cave soon warmed up, vanquishing the cold.

"Now all we need to do is wait out this storm." Astrid said, Hiccup walked up to her and sat next her, her breath hitches as he wrapped some of his pelts around her. "Thanks." She smiles at him, he smiled back and nodded.

Toothless and Shade heated the stone ground beneath them and soon fell asleep, leaving the two riders to themselves. "Hiccup?" He turned toward her and gave his attention. "Do you still hate me?" Hiccup was surprised by this question, ten years ago when she sold him out to Stoick, he was absolutely heart broken; it was as if I knife had robbed him of life, he believed Astrid was different, but she proved that she all she cared about was killing dragons and pride.

But she proved herself worthy of forgiveness, she's now a friend of dragons and her eyes are open to the error of her ways.

"Astrid, I can never hate you and I never have." She breathed a sigh of relief and smiled, Hiccup continued speaking. "You and the others proved yourself that you changed and are know what you did hurt me, so I thank you for owning up to your mistakes." Hiccup pulled Astrid into a warm hug, she instantly returned it.

"You have to know I'm completely in love with you, right?" He whispers in her ear before he knows it, she grabs his collar and pulls him to her, kissing him deeply with a frantic passion. Hiccup's heart jumps into his throat as she does, his whole body bursting with joy and excitement and relief as he feels her lips pressing firmly against his.

He quickly responds as she invades his mouth with the force of a conquering army, his tongue meeting and wrestling with hers. Her kisses are as demanding as her personality. The young man feels overwhelmed, intoxicated.

He's never been happier in his life.

Before he knows what's happening, Astrid is pulling him down on the stone ground, her lips still ravishing his as she lays back beneath him. Hiccup's mind spins dizzily when she wraps her arms about his neck, holding his lips to hers as she spreads her legs, pulling him more snugly against her body.