Chapter 28: Trouble on Meathead Island

(Normal pov)

As the sun rose the following morning, Hiccup took his best riders and his lieutenants flew to the Meathead Isle.

The morning air was cold and a light snowfall graced the Archipelago, added to the growing tension with every flap of the Night Furies wings. This would be their first true glimpse of the alliance between the Outcast and Berserker tribes and how they're controlling the Red Death.

Once Meathead Island came into view it was...horrific. It looked as if all life was vanquished, scorched earth, smoke everywhere and not a since voice was heard. Hiccup ordered his riders to get a closer look and once they entered the village, there were corpses littering the ground. The stench told them that they've been dead for at least two days.

"Search for survivors, we'll keep watch outside." Hiccup ordered half his riders, they dismounted and entered the abandoned homes to look for any signs of life.

Hiccup looked out toward the horizon and pulled out a telescope and spotted a fleet of Berserker ships, he then noticed massive blood red spines slicing through the water. The Red Death. "Everyone! On me!!" Hiccup barked, within minutes his riders assembled, he pointed toward the horizon. "Berserker fleet and it appears they have the Red Death in tow, lets intercept them." Everyone nodded and headed straight for the enemy ships.

"FIRE!!!"

The Berserker ships began firing boulders and flaming arrows at Hiccup and his riders. "Evasive action now!!" Everyone separated to avoid being shot down, Hiccup looked at the command ship to see Dagur and his equally psychotic cousin Cutthroat. He growled as he remembered being tortured by them as well on Chieftain gatherings. "C'mon bud, lets go pay these guys a visit." Toothless warbled in agreement and headed toward the command ship.

Once the duo landed, their presence sent awe and fear through the Berserker soldiers. They've finally laid eyes on the Dragon Master, draped in a cape made out of Toothless's shed scales and his armor that was jet black, gold and had tints of purple as well. Dagur, Cutthroat and Enobaria arrived on deck and drew their weapons. "Well,well, well lookie here boys! I think we've grabbed the Dragon Masters attention!" Enobaria taunted, Hiccup growled as he heard the Berserker cousins chuckle, mocking him yet again, he wanted to make Dagur and Cutthroat suffer for the lives they've taken, but revenge could wait.

"Dagur the Deranged! You will answer for crimes and release tour control over the Red Death!" Dagur scoffed and twirled his axe while giggling to himself. "Well that may be a problem tough guy. Because I've got places to be and people to kill and that'll be hard to do behind bars don't you think?" Hiccups lips curled in disgust. How could Dagur find pleasure in taking life away? No more. This ends now.

"I'm not asking." Hiccup said coldly, Toothless then fired a plasma blast at a nest of archers sending them to the icy ocean below, Hiccup dismounted and drew Inferno out and ignited his sword spinning above his head and then pointed it toward Dagur. "Face me! If you've got the balls." He taunted, Dagur easily took the bait and let loose a battle cry and charged.

Dagur brought his axe down on Hiccups sword, the two exchanged looks. "Who exactly are you?" The Berserker Chief asked, Hiccup merely grunted and head butted Dagur in face, staggering the Berserker Chieftain, he then cut Dagur in the waist causing him to yelp in pain and then Hiccup trip him causing Dagur to land on his back hard. Dagur sprang back up and snarled. "Don't just stand there you worthless shits!! Shoot him!!" He screamed, pointing his axe at Hiccup.

Soldiers loaded their crossbows and fired at Hiccup, he twirled his sword and cut the arrows down and got into another battle stance. "My turn." Cutthroat seethed out, he the drew his twin swords out and charged, he twirled both swords expertly and attempted to hack Hiccup to pieces, but the young king dodged the attack and released Zippleback gas from the hilt of his sword and ignited it, the explosion sent Cutthroat back and hitting the ships mast hard, he groaned in pain and received himself a few burns. "Bring her up!!" Cutthroat snarled.