Chapter 10: Preparations

(Stoick's pov)

Hiccup is the Dragon Master, no doubt had entered my mind about it. When I declared a bounty on his head, we heard that the hunters were either killed or even missing limbs, they must have lost their limbs because of Hiccups pet...that demon of the night. Now he resides in the resting place of the Night Fury, I'm thinking of sending ships down to the Isle of Night and bring the boy back. Many of the people are questioning my decision about bringing Hiccup back to our home, but its only to help end the raids.

Life here is starting to become a living hell and I'm surprised we are still standing after all the death and bloodshed. As I was made my way into the Great Hall, the Vikings nodded their heads at me; acknowledging my presence. I headed toward the council table where all our elders, war advisers and guards were gathered. "Chief, have you decided if we are to bring back your son?" an elder asked, all eyes turned toward me, I nodded. "By the end of the week, we leave for the Isle of Night, to bring Hiccup back."

Spitelout scoffed and crossed his arms. "Brother, you can't bring one back once they've been banished." I punched the table and a cob web like crack spread across the table, everyone winced as I responded so violently. "My decision is final Spitelout, I don't want to hear it, Hiccup is the only one who knows how to end this madness." My brother growled, but kept his mouth shut. Hiccup will help us, or I will kill his Night Fury just to spite him.

(Alvins pov)

The damned beasts were everywhere. They rained down fire on us, my warriors fought them off to the death, but the devils proved themselves persistent. "Out of my way!" I barked as I ripped one of my men off a catapult. "If you want something done right! You bloody do yourself!" I loaded the launcher with a boulder and fired it, the boulder came into direct impact with a Monstrous Nightmare. I barrel rolled in time to evade tail spines from a Deadly Nadder, I saw a Zippleback charge me, I drew my sword and decapitated one of its heads, the dragon roared in pain and it fell to ground, I stepped on the other head and stabbed it in the skull.

"Alvin! There's too many of them! We need to get inside!" Savage, my second in command barked, I growled and headed for a safe room and entered, Savage closed the door at the last second as it was blasted with fire. Outcast Island was one of the very few isalnds to suffer dragon raids, but when we did, they were lethal, but for every one of my men those winged devils would kill, we'd kill ten more.

"I've had it with these damn dragons! We sail to Helhiem's Gate at dawn."

Whispers of the infamous location of the dragons nest filled the underground bunker. They all know that once you enter the thick fog, you enter a kill box, dragons come at you from all sides and will tear your ships to shreds. But I had a theory. Why in Odins name do these beasts need our food? Perhaps a tribute to a bigger dragon? That's what I want to find out.

"Erm, Alvin, I-if I may-" Savage began as he followed me to our planning room, "We don't have enough men or ships to launch an all out assau-"

"We're not going to attack the nest you idiot!" I snapped, whirling my head around causing Savage to flinch, "We're going to prove a theory, not go out on a suicide run." I turned back around and opened the doors of our planning room to see a map of the entire Barbaric Archipelago. I turned around to see twenty of my best warriors turned around and bowed their heads in acknowledgment. "This everyone Savage?"

"Yes sir."

"Good." I said, I then drew my sword and pointed toward Helhiem's Gate. "Outcasts, listen up!" silencing all the conversation. "At dawn tomorrow, we sail into the gates of hell itself! My old man taught me if you want to kill your enemy, you need to learn about them before killing 'em." I continued. "For generations those idiot Hooligans have been sending as many ships as possible, I have a far better idea."

Murmurs and gasps erupted as Alvin held up a caged Terrible Terror in his meaty hand. "I'm not the fool as Stoick the Vast is, we will not sail or armada into that fog blindly." The Outcasts noticed the tiny dragons eyes transform into thin slits as it tried flying away but kept hitting the cages bars. "This cretin will lead us straight into the nest, and we'll finally learn what is causing the dragons to plague our lands." My men began murmuring in agreement, I smirked and continued. "And once we learn what's lurking in that nest, then we'll send our entire armada and bathe in an ocean of those devils blood." I raised my sword high and roared. "And we'll show the Archipelago why the Outcasts are meant to be feared!!!" Roars echoed across the walls, we will become legends.

(Normal pov)

Alvin the Treacherous would never tell anyone this ever, but he was terrified.

The Outcast chief along with Savage and twenty of their best men had successfully infiltrated the dragons nests thanks to the Terrible Terror they captured. The Outcasts shimmied along the walls of the great nest, it took several days navigating their way into the nest, and several more locating an entrance, they've achieved what took the Hairy Hooligans centuries, with only twenty people.

"Just keep yer heads down and mouths shut!" Alvin seethed, leading his team through the massive tunnels, the sound of claws scraping and wings flapping were echoing and the sounds only grew louder and louder. They knew they were getting closer, with each and every step.

"S-Sir, you might-" a man behind the ferocious chief broke the eerie silence, causing Alvin to whip his head back in rage. Before Alvin could reply, he caught sight of what he theorized. Dozen of yards behind the men stood a dragon, staring down at them with its sickly reptilian eyes. With no delay, the Outcasts recognized the dragon was a Monstrous Nightmare, they all held their breath.

The Nightmare simply snorted at them with a disinterested look and flew around them. Within seconds, the beast left the cavern and plodded down the largest tunnel, leading deeper into the nest. Alvin and his men breathed a sigh of relief.

"Keep yer guard up men. We're gonna follow that devil." He found his voice seconds later. After collecting their nerve, Alvin's men followed, their weapons still raised high. "Were getting closer boys, I can-" Alvin couldn't finish his speech before another dragon roar cut him off. The Outcast had grown used to defending their home from the dragons and had grown used to their roars, but this roar was unlike anything they've ever heard.

This roar vibrated the floor, the cracks danced up and down the walls around them. Dust which was left untouched for centuries flew up in the air, clouded their vision. From that point, each of their steps was quiet and careful as a Changewing.

"We're here." Alvin's face twisted into a wicked grin. The sight before him was both terrifying and fascinating. In front of them, lay the heart of the nest, in all its glory. The chamber was massive in size; easily tripled in size of the tunnel they were earlier. Hundreds of dragons hugged the walls, oblivious to the humans below them.

At the center of the chamber was a massive pit, filled with red smoke. The Outcasts watched curiously as the dragons dropped their kills into the massive hole. "They ain't even eating it." An Outcast to Savage's right breathed out, ultimately speaking their thoughts. All of them had wondered what the dragons did after they raided them,  but they didn't expect them to see all that food go to waste.

However, all eyes turned toward a lone Gronkle, who buzzed in and hovered over the abyss. It's tongue lolling about and soon the dragon regurgitated a fish the size of a dagger. Several seconds of the fish free falling, it vanished in the smoke and the Gronkle turned to leave.

Before the dragon could move another yard however, something took it.

Roars of fear and disbelief filled the cavern, an enormous pair jaws erupted from the mist and closed around the Gronkle as if it were a crumb. Alvin heard his men muttering prayers to the gods, and they saw every dragon cower in fear at what they'd just witnessed. Before the Outcast Chief could speak, a roar hammered into his skull, forcing him to his knees and clutching his head in pain.

Once the roar was over, the dragons which situated themselves soon took flight and left the cavern through a huge hole in the ceiling.

"That...That's the fuckin' queen dragon?!"
"It's bloody massive!"
"How are we gonna kill a dragon that big?"

Everyone turned toward their chief, but Alvin's face stood firm. "We'll figure it out. For now, we head back to Outcast Island. We have work to do." Everyone nodded as they retreated the dragons lair.