Chapter 29: Making up and eliminate conspirators

(Normal pov)

After the devastating lose of some of his best riders, Hiccup began training Astrid and her group of Hooligans how to perfect their flying skills and to further sharpen their skills as warriors. The rest of the Hooligans watched as Hiccup trained Astrid and her group and to say they were impressed was an understatement. This man was once deemed useless in their eyes, now he was a master of any weapon placed in his hands and the way he fought? It was almost as if he was blessed by the gods themselves.

After training his new recruits, Hiccup spotted his father watching him, with several of the Hooligan elders surrounding him, a large number of them were still displeased that their next generation of warriors decided to ride dragons instead of fighting them. Hiccup pushed aside the Hooligan elders threats and vile words toward him, he said once agin that their warriors chose this path and that it's for the good of the Archipelago.

As noon days sun graced the sky, everyone retired to the throne room to grab their meals. Both Strike Clan and Hooligans gathered to eat, though Hiccups people weren't excited about the idea, they obeyed Hiccup's orders.

"Hiccup." He looked up to be greeted by Stoick, he sighed and gestures for him to sit, and sit he did. Stoick looked at his son and confessed. "I know I have no right to beg for your forgiveness Hiccup, considering I didn't even acknowledge you as my son." Hiccup inhaled sharply and looked away, remembering how he begged his father for affection and protection, but instead he shrugged his own son off like he was a nuisance. "But you have no idea how much I missed you Hiccup, I regretted just how poorly I treated you. You haunted me for years son, I-I hope you can forgive me." Stoick had tears swimming in his eyes and breath shaky.

"I failed you in every way Hiccup. When you needed a father, I cast you aside, please, f-forgive me." The whole room fell silent as they heard Stoick beg his son for forgiveness, all eyes turned toward their king and former prince, his face twisted with emotions, tears freely streaming down his face and hands clenching into fists. Hiccup exhaled and walked toward Stoick until they were arms length of each other.

"You really hurt me Stoick, but you're still my father, regardless of our past." Stoick looked at his son, he looked like him, the light stubble on his sharp jawline and beard on his face, his toned and lean muscle filled him out well, making him look opposing. And the way he treats his children, Stoick watched Hiccup treat his children like they were a precious jewel, the opposite of how he treated Hiccup.

"I forgive you." Hiccup said, Stoick blinked in surprise and then was filled with joy that his son forgave his past actions, Hiccup closed the gap and hugged the mountain of a man, Stoick was taken back by this but soon hugged his son too, and lifted him off the ground with one of his infamous bone crushing hugs. "D-Dad, can't breathe!" Hiccup wheezed out, everyone laughed as Stoick apologized and put his son back on his feet.

Valka witnessed the whole thing and walked up toward her husband and son, the two Haddock turned to see her with a soft expression on her face and she shrugged. "Stoick, do you believe we can rekindle what we lost?" The chief walked toward his wife and kneeled before her. "Valka, I've never loved any woman other than you, when you were taken, I felt like my soul was ripped out of my body, I'm willing to rekindle what we had." Valka smiled and hugged her husband, the two embraced and Hiccup couldn't help but smile at his parents.

Celebrations took place, many of the Hooligans began to see Hiccup's ideology of have peace with dragons, and decided to abandon their old ways of killing dragons. But not all were in agreement. Many were furious that their own would join Hiccup and his people in siding with dragons.

Spitelout grabbed Snotlout and a handful of others who refused to join Hiccup back to their side of the island and plot what they would do.

"The traitor has divided us."

"To hell with what he said! I'll kill every last dragon on this cursed island!"

"We should just kill Useless." All eyes turned toward Snotlout, he had anger written over his face. "He's won over Astrid, our Chief and now over half our people!! If he keeps this up, we'll be remembered for abandoning three hundred years of glorious battle with our mortal enemies!" The Hooligans present roared in agreement, they needed to remove Hiccup from power.

"I'll kill him, this time, I'll actually take my time in doing it, and the rest of you unhinge the gates of hell." Snotlout snarled and everyone grunted in agreement.

As night fell, the treacherous Hooligans set their plan in motion, Snotlout snuck in Hiccups home to assassinate him while his men would burn his cousins clan to the ground.

Snotlout has a knife in hand and quietly entered the home, he saw his cousin sleeping, he smirked.

"This'll be too easy." Snotlout said softly, but before he could land a kill shot, a plasma bolt was fired and blew Snotlout back.

Hiccup bolted up from his sleep, upon hearing Toothless fire a plasma bolt, he saw Toothless crouched in a defensive position around s Hiccup, the auburn haired man looked down to see his cousin with a burn across his chest and a knife inches from his hand. Realizing his dragon saved him from being assassinated, Hiccup blew the warning horn. He heard voices of panic outside and Hiccup was shocked to see a grain house on fire.

Hiccups blood pressure shot through the roof and he yanked Snotlout's hair downstairs. Once exiting their home, Black Guards arrived with the conspirators at their knees and bound. Hiccup threw Snotlout on the ground and proceeded to kick a rib causing the Jorgenson to roll over in pain. "How dare you. HOW DARE YOU!!!" Hiccup roared, he drew Inferno and the whole clan held their breath at the sight of their Dragon Master about to exact justice upon the conspirators.

"You try to kill me in my sleep, leave my people and family without a leader and you destroy our grain?!!" Hiccup huffed in puffed in rage, he had put up with Snotlout and his theatrics for years, but no more. He grabbed Snotlout's arm and sliced it clean off his body, he roared in agony and clutched his bloody stump. Hiccup turned to his Black Guards who had swords drawn at the conspirators. "Kill them." They nodded and drove their swords into the Hooligans backs in perfect unison.

When they removed their swords, the bodies dropped one by one and blood pooled over their corpses. "Throw these bodies into the sea, let the sharks feast on them." The Black Guards bowed to their king and dragged their bodies to be thrown over the cliffs. Hiccup looked down at his cousin, he was whimpering and his face was growing pale due to losing so much blood. "You're such an embarrassment Snot, ALL actions have consequences. But then again you've got rocks for brains, you stupid fuck!" Snotlout could only moan in pain.

Hiccup ordered Snotlout be taken to the healer to be tended for and then he'd receive further punishment, once his cousin was out of the way, Hiccup notes his people already put out the fire of the grain house and took off to the far side of the island to gather the reserves.

Hiccup walked toward his son and pulled him in for a hug, Toothless leaned into the hug, when pulled apart Hiccup smiled. "You saved my life bud, thank you." Calus smiled and bowed his head then looked back at his rider.

"Of course brother, I'd do it again in a heartbeat."

Hiccup chuckled and then walked up to Stoick as he witnessed the whole incident. "I leave Snotlout in your hands dad, punish him how you see fit." Stoick nodded. "I will, have a good rest of the night... son." Hiccup smiled as his father called him son once more, he was glad they set aside their differences.