Chapter 2: New path

(Normal pov)

As Hiccup and Toothless put as much distance from themselves and Berk, the boys first thought was where the two of them would find shelter. Hiccup read in Bork the Bold's journal that supposedly that there is an island... filled with Night Furies. The chance of bonding with other Night Furies excited the boy, and luckily Hiccup brought Borks journal with him so he has the coordinates on how to find it.

The journey was anything but easy, they had to fly into lightning storms while being pounded by rainfall and ferocious winds. Besides surviving Thor's tantrums from the skies, the duo encountered Changewings and other hostile dragons, and needless to say? Hiccup was really looking forward to finding this island. He would sketch everything he'd lay his eyes on while resting besides his fire breathing companion.

Hiccup thought about Astrid, she was his biggest crush, and when she sold him out, it broke the boys heart, because he thought she was different too. But no. She's just like the rest of those... Berkian dogs, only out for herself and cares nothing more than her reputation. Toothless sensed his humans change in mood and crooned in worry, Hiccup smiled and hugged his dragon, reassuring him that there's nothing to worry about.

As the sun rose the following morning, the duo had a hearty breakfast and then they got right back into the air towards their destination. Many hours later they saw an island. The Isle of Night was theirs for the taking. Once they landed they observed what was to be their new home. It was a very barren and rocky place.

There were very few, if not any plant life on the island, and very few dragons are seen, at least out in the open. Hiccup also noted that there were several tall cliffs that kept this place perpetually dark in their shadow, which is also aided by many dark rocks all over the island. Suddenly, a roar was heard, and by the sound of it, it's very close by.

The duo move toward it and soon find themselves at the gapping mouth of a cave, darkness clinging onto every inch of the walls and further inside. "Eh. I've got a bad feeling about this bud." Hiccup says with worryingly. Toothless nuzzles into his friend, ensuring him he'll protect him. As the duo enter the cave, they hear the roars echoing off the walls, they pick up the pace and finally find the source.

What they find leaves them both astonished.

Night Furies, in all sizes from adolescent to full grown Night Furies. The wild Furies all turn toward the guests on their island, curious, a handful of the Night Furies fly up to greet them, they begin sniffing both Hiccup and Toothless. After deeming the two are no threat, Hiccup extends his hand out to the closest dragon. It sniffs Hiccup's hand for about three seconds before pressing its snout to the boys palm.

Hiccup releases a unbelieving chuckle, he and Toothless just found a whole pack of Night Furies. "Bud. You're not the last of your kind!!" He said excitedly, Toothless gave me a gummy smile and was wagging his tail, and was surrounded by many other Night Furies sniffing him, Hiccup noticed their physic was female. Toothless could have a family here, and start a new generation of Night Furies.

The boy just can't wipe the smile off my face, from this point forward he swore he'd find other tribes and try to recruit them to this place. Though he wouldn't know it yet, Hiccup would start the largest clan in the Barbaric Archipelago. The Strike Clan was officially born, and with it, a promise that both man and dragons with prosper.