Chapter 33: Marriage

(Normal pov)

Days later, Hiccup woke up to rays of light lighting the Isle of Night, but its people were already at work, preparing for upcoming joyous event. Today was the wedding day of the Hiccup and his chosen wife and there were many things to be done: food to be cooked, ceremonial clothing to be found, and dealing with the dragons, for it's the first wedding to ever have dragons in attendance and they need a place. Lucky, one dragon's job was covered for he was sitting in the Chief's house, his bright green eyes watching his best friend pace around the wooden abode.

"Ah, Toothless... I've done many things: bond with you, brought Mala and people here, creating the Strike Clan and brought peace between the dragons and Vikings; became the Chief my father would be proud of. And yet... I'm nervous for my own wedding; strange that this would make my knees weak." Hiccup chuckled. He couldn't believe the months that had passed.

He grew up trying to fit in and impress his father, but all that changed when he shot down his now and forever best friend Toothless. Together they defeated many enemies, solved every problem, brought to two races together to live in harmony. Now, he, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, Dragon Master, is getting married to the girl he loved from first moment he set his eyes on her. Though with the nerves racking through his body, he rather be facing off an enemy.

The heavy door opened as his eccentric mother walked in with a smile upon her face. She looked upon him in his ceremony outfit: long, white-gold tunic with black embroidery of dragons trailing up the sleeves; a cape, made from the Night Furies shedded scales draped over his shoulders, held in place with a Gronckle Iron brooch with the Strike Clan etched on it; a leather belt buckled around his waist with his sword, Inferno, attached to it, along with the blade his father made for him; a leather crown with Grockle Iron-shaped dragons embedded rested upon his head. Valka hugged him tight, knowing he's all grown up.

"My Hiccup, you look so handsome; just like your father on our wedding day." Hiccup smiled; glad he still had his father in him. "Thanks mom." Stoick too walked up to Hiccup gave him a big hug. "Aye son, you're looking like a fine chief, I'm proud of you." Hiccup smiled and thanked his father and mother for their kind words.

Deep, loud horns echoed around the village, signaling the time.

"It's time Hiccup. I wish Frigg's blessing upon you son." She kissed his forehead and Hiccup kissed her cheek and Stoick patted his back before mounting Toothless and taking to the sky.

They flew around, watching the villagers below settle down. Hiccup looked towards where his future wife would be, but a thunder of dragons obscured his view of his fair lady. He waited 'til the horn sounded and drove Toothless fast towards the dragons. At another horn call, the thunder of dragons moved, keeping their charge in the middle. Several minutes went by as Hiccup chased his beloved in the sky, getting closer with each flap of Toothless's wings. Dragon by dragon, each one pulled away as he got closer to his love's own Night Fury. When the last dragon pulled away, Hiccup watched as his lady stood up on her dragon, her white gown and her dragon scale cape whipping the wind. He mimicked her, standing on top of his dragon. The two dragons begin to circle each other as Hiccup and his love stare at each other, her sky-blue eyes piercing his forest-green ones. With an unspoken word between them, both simply fell backwards off their dragons. They faced each other and smiled as their dragons fell with them and spiraled around them. He reached out for her hand as she reached out for his, both clasping their fingers at the first sign of touch. Hiccup brought her closer and they both twirled in the sky. Soon they let go and landed on their dragon, coming close to the sea. The dragons flew low side by side 'til they reached the cliff of the village, diving up and raising above the village before landing. Hiccup unhooked from Toothless and waited as Shade kneeled her for rider.