Chapter 7: Lay low

(Normal pov)

With the bounty on Hiccups head, the young dragon rider decided to remain on the island with his new friends and clan. The Strike Clan, it was starting grow everyday, not just in dragons but people too. That included merchants, fisherman, and other businessmen decided to set up shop here and were slowly starting make sizable coin for their trade. Hiccup was even able to come to terms with a tribe called the Wingmaidens, they are made up of women who care for hatchling Razorwhips in place of the mothers to prevent male dragons from killing them.

With all the free time on his hands, Hiccup would be training until it felt like his bones would brake. He'd build his body, improve his skill with the sword and bow, and he was already a born leader. Everyone on the island looked up to the young man,  Mala made him her heir, to not only rule her people but train the new riders as well. Hiccup was honored and gladly accepted the title of heir.

Even with this new life still settling into Hiccup's life, he still was under the threat of being shipped back to Berk. He was not going to help those barbarians. Not now. And perhaps not ever. They rejected him. So why not he return the favor? He suffered by their hands, his father too cast him aside, treating him as if he were a plague.

It was those moments where Hiccup would pray to Odin that he'd be blessed with a better life. And a better life he received, one which will be immortalized in history. Hiccup planned on slaying the monster that slept in the mountains of Helheim's Gate, but it would not be any easy task though, he'd only seen it once, when Toothless and the other dragons under the monsters control were summoned back, he witnessed a Gronckle eaten whole by a pair of jaws. That scene sent chills down to his very soul.

Currently Hiccup was flying with Toothless, the two felt like nothing could stop them, the wind blowing past them, the spray of the ocean mist below them felt incredible. In Berk, he was tethered to a lifetime of torture, humiliation, rejection and shame. But on the Isle of Night? He was now the heir and by his side, Mala, the woman was a born leader, an excellent warrior and like an older sister to him. As the duo finished their flight, their home came into view and Hiccup sighed happily, there is no place he'd rather be at.

As the sun retired, a ship of merchants arrived into port, but unknown to the guards was that these merchants were bounty hunters in disguise. As they made their way into the village, they noticed the auburn haired dragon rider heading toward the forge, the whispered to each other, their opportunity presented itself. They snuck into the forge and before they can grab their prey, Hiccup turned around and bashed one the hunters face in with his hammer, he than ran out of the forge but not before grabbing his sword.

Shocked by the turn of events, the hunters recovered from their shock and ran after their target. Hiccup ran up a wall and backflips over the hunters until he's landed behind them. Some of the hunter run headlong into the wall while stop dead in their tracks. Hiccup twirled his sword and waited for the first hunter to strike, one charges and attempts to stab, but Hiccup ducks under the attack and sliced the hunters hip, then proceeds to cut his hand clean off.

The hunter fell to his knees clutching his missing hand, the other hunters charge and Hiccup blocks and parries all the attacks, leaving many critically wounded by slicing off limbs, appendages or stabbing body parts that'll bleed out quickly. The leader tackled Hiccup and pinned him down. "You've provided me and my men quite a good chase Haddock, I commend you as a hunter to his prey, but unfortunately the hunt must end." And before he could knock out the young man, Hiccup stabbed the hunter in the side.

The hunter screamed in pain, that gave Hiccup time to kick the man square in the face. Once Hiccup got up, he grabbed his sword and pointed it directly at the hunters neck. "Leave my home now, or I'll command my Night Fury to turn you into frying crisp." Hiccup seethed out, the hunter quickly got up and left in a hurry. Hiccup exhaled in disbelief. "Bounty hunters." He spat out like their very existence was an insult.