Chapter 39: Betrayed

(Normal pov)

Astrid honestly couldn't remember a time where she was left speechless, horrified, shocked, and scared... all at the same time. She was just trying to convince Cutthroat that she knew nothing about the whereabouts of the Red Death after landing on Dragon Island. But no matter how many times she or Hiccup tried to convince him, he didn't believe them. She always suspected of being calm and collected in situations like this and Dagur the one loosing control... not the other way around. No one would be this mad at the Red Death's disappearance. But she couldn't dwell on his behaviour right now. Her concern immediately fell upon Hiccup, who was writhing on the ground in agony, a pool of blood collecting where Cutthroat severed his leg.

"You fucking monster!" She yelled attempting to lunge at him, despite her wrists being tied, but was subdued when Enobaria held her down. But that didn't stop her from flailing her legs and repeatedly trying to escape his grasp. "I'll rip your fucking heart out and shove it down your throat!" She snarled out but stopped her efforts to escape in order to catch her breath, all the while sending that psychopath a glare that would make Odin himself cower in fear.

"I just got rid of his bad leg... if anything he should be grateful, isn't that right Hiccup?" He asked, placing his right leg on Hiccup's left thigh and applying pressure to it, getting new screams out of him. She glanced down to see Cutthroat pressing down on his thigh with all his might, and the anger couldn't help but boil inside her. "This is necessary to stem the blood-flow, Astrid. You of all people should know this." He smirked at her, and took pleasure in watching her struggle to get free.

However, the silence was soon shattered when uncontrollable roars came from aboard Alvin's ship, and the sounds of a cage being put under enormous strain. The men on board couldn't do anything except back away from the Night Fury, in fear that the gate, or the cage itself would break at any second.

The moment Toothless heard his rider's scream, and the immediate scent of his blood a second later, he knew the negotiations turned sour. "You fucking idiot... this wasn't part of the plan!" Alvin interjected. "You have just brought upon the wrath of Stoick on us all! Do you think he'll let this savagery go unanswered on his own son?" He asked.

"Alright, so when he shows up I'll threaten Hiccup's life if he doesn't tell me where the Red Death is." Cutthroat said nonchalantly, waving his sword around his arm.

"Y-You better... pray..." Hiccup spoke in a voice cold as ice. "T-That I... don't live... because I w-will kill you... and spill your guts open." He spat out.

"That's if you survive today."

"You've sealed your fate you psycho! When I get free I'm going to take great pleasure in killing you." Astrid yelled at him. She saw Cutthroat's eyes fall down as he turned his head away in thought, and reduced the pressure he was pressing down on Hiccup's thigh with his own leg. She was still held from behind by a Berserker soldier who had now pushed her onto her knees.

"I should have done this to you." He muttered, looking at her now.

"What?" She mumbled.

"This." He pointed to Hiccup's bleeding wound. "Maybe a bit more." He contemplated, taking a few deep breaths. "You are one of his weaknesses. He wouldn't have risked your life for anything." He went on. Astrid didn't like where this was going. "Hiccup, I'll ask you one more time. Even if you have any remote idea of where that dragon is, you better say it now, or I'll slit her throat right here and now." He warned them, in a dangerous tone.

"Are you even listening to them you stupid fuck?!" Alvin yelled walking up to him, but stopped short when Cutthroat raised his blade towards his chest. "They would have told us the location by now. Clearly they don't know!" Alvin wasn't about to let him damn his men to the realm of Hel just yet.