Chapter 22: Forgiveness

(Normal pov)

As the sun rose on the horizon, Berkian ships sliced through the icy waters to temporarily live among Hiccups dragon society. There were many who refused leaving Berk, leaving behind their home, but it was either retreat or annihilation.

Hiccup stood at the docks as he spotted the Berkian fleet nearing port, Mala who noticed his fathers hardened face grabbed his hand. "Hiccup. Are you truly ready for this?" Hiccup sighed and turned toward her. "As ready as I'll ever be." He said with a firm tone.

Mala looked toward the fleet of ships, her lips curled up. "Your father hates dragons with every fiber of his being." Hiccup nodded, he knew Stoick's hate for dragons shot through the roof after the supposed "death" of his mother. Mala turned toward Hiccup. "Though you were specific on the rules, they will cause us great hardship, and you know it." Hiccup shut his eyes, she spoke truth. But if the Berkians touch one scale on the dragon with a sword or any other tool of destruction, Hiccup would be out for blood.

Finally as the Berkian ships docked, Stoick exited first and stared down his former son and Mala. "Hiccup." The Hooligan chief acknowledged, Hiccup simply grunted and noticed his father like figure Gobber along with Astrid, Fishlegs, Ruff and Tuff and his former bullies exit and stand beside their chief. Hiccup had a hard and firm face, he knew it was going to be a very long day.

"Come."

Hiccup and Mala walked side by side as they led the Hooligans to their side of the island. Astrid jogged up to Hiccup and nudged him, he turned to see his old childhood crush, he couldn't  deny that she was stunning, her curves were temptingly luring; that and her drop dead beauty, truly a Valkyrie in the flesh. If he were still fifteen, he'd literally be drooling at her feet, and doing everything he could to impress her.

He'd love to take her on a flight.

Though he'd still be open to the possibility of them being friends again, as they were a lifetime ago as children.

"This quite an impressive village you've created Hiccup." Astrid's words pulled the Hiccup out of his thoughts to look at the beautiful Hofferson. "Thanks." He said, Astrid gave him a smile that made his heart beat a little faster.

Once Hiccup and Mala led the Berkians to their side of the island, they were surprised to see huts, barns, stables and sheds all built for them to use right away, Hiccup turned around and got right in Stoick's face. "Don't get too comfortable here father." He spat the word father like it was a joke. "You and your people are simply guests, no more no less. You're here because I allow it, and if you or anyone of you break one of my rules..." Hiccup shrugged and pointed out toward the horizon. "...I'll ship you all to Helheim's Gate."

Stoick's face twisted in anger at being disrespected, but like it or not, he was right. This was for the greater of Berks people.

Mala spotted a Terrible Terror fly at them with a letter attached to its leg, the queen extended her arm for the dragon as it landed gracefully on her arm.

"Hiccup. Terror mail."

"Alright, I'll get the riders ready, we'll leave as soon as we can." Mala nodded and cupped her hands around her mouth and gave her dragon call, within minutes, Shadow nuzzled into her riders embrace and the queen climbed on her dragon and shot up in the sky.

"What's going on?" Stoick asked, Hiccup merely said. "None of your immediate concern." Hiccup showed his former people their new homes and left, but not before sharing a warm smile with Astrid.

(Hours later)

Hours later, Hiccup and his clan were eating in their Hall, the doors opened they noticed a certain Stormcutter dragon enter, Hiccup knew who it was. "Hey Mom!" Valka dismounted Cloudjumper and pulled her son in a warm embrace. When mother and son pulled apart Hiccup extended his arm out. "Join us, we're just now digging in." Valka smiled and removed her heavy coat and placed it in a satchel on Cloudjumpers saddle.