Chapter 11: Mom?

(Hiccups pov)

I was finishing up a project on a new sword of mine, I called it Inferno, it serves as my primary weapon, it's a retractable sword and ignites on fire on my command; it'll be a very effective weapon. As I finished with the prototype, I exited the forge and welcomed the cool air caressing my sweaty skin, I stretched and noticed several of the women blush as I caught them staring at my lean body. My training as kept me in shape and all my baby fat seemed to have melted off overnight.

I spotted Mala finishing up her duties as queen for the day and noticed me staring at her, she jogged over to me and stopped once we were in arms length. "Are you trying to make all these poor women wish you were their man?" She teased, I laughed and shook my head. "Unfortunately, this man is thinking about another woman, I just wanted to check up on you." Mala nodded and smiled in thanks.

Mala then cringed. "You're in desperate need of a bath my dear Hiccup." I nodded and cringed at my odor. "Yes, been working all day, that sounds amazing right now, I will catch you later?" She smiles and nods.

I head to my home, where Toothless is sleeping next to the fireplace. "Hey bud, I brought you dinner on my way home." I opened the basket and poured the fish in the feeding tray, Toothless licked my cheek in appreciation and shoved his face into the fish. I simply chuckle and climb up the stairs until I see a warm bath waiting for me.

After fifteen minutes, I finish bathing and dry my hair off and tie it back up in my man bun. As I exit my home I move to our Mead Hall which is tripled the size of the Great Hall on Berk. As I enter everyone bows their heads in acknowledgement, I noticed Mala speaking with some guests, I then notice a person with a staff and wearing weird armor, but I shake my head and take my seat next to Mala. "Thank you for your visit my good sir." The guest bowed down and left the Hall, next was the person in the strange armor. "And What brings you here friend?" I ask.

The person bows their head and looks back up. "I'm looking for the one that's called the Dragon Master, are you him?" Mala and I shared a quick look.

"I am."

The stranger advanced slowly, the guards hand their weapons at ready if this stranger tried anything. I got up from my seat and took four steps toward the stranger, I heard a gasp from behind the strangers mask. "Hiccup? Is it really you?"

The stranger took off their mask to reveal a woman in her mid forties, she had the same eye color as me and had to same auburn locks too, I studied her face a little more and then, realization hit me like a rock to the head. "M-Mother?" I choked out, she nodded furiously and I all but leapt into her arms. She began sobbing and embraced me tightly. "Oh Hiccup, my beautiful boy." She sobbed as she hugged me tighter, I let my tears flow down freely and hugged her with all my might.

Once we brake from the embrace, she wiped her tears away and smiles at me and caresses my cheek. "How? They told me you were dead!"  Valka scoffed and sat down at a table, I sat next to her, not wanting to miss a single detail. "Except I wasn't killed, the dragon that took me isn't from Helheim's Gate, that dragon serves the King of Dragons." I raised my eyebrow in curiosity, Mala got off her throne and sat next to me to listen as well. "The King of Dragons?" Valka smiles and nods.

"It's called the Bewilderbeast, a graceful giant that spits ice instead of fire, I've lived in his nest by his grace and command Hiccup." I shake my head in disbelief, Mala places a hand on my shoulder. "I've heard rumors of the Bewilderbeasts growing up on Caldera, they're very rare, but they are some of the biggest dragons to every exist, residing only in the ocean or their nests." I look back at Valka, with a hopeful look.

"Could you take us to this Bewilderbeasts nest?"

After almost an hour long flight Mala, myself and Toothless followed Valka and her dragon Cloudjumper to the Bewilderbeast nest. Once the nest comes into view there are Ivey spikes sticking out in all directions, once we enter the nest we fly through tunnels, caverns and passages until we enter a huge chamber with dragons every where, of all species, shapes and sizes residing in peace. "Hiccup, Mala, and Toothless, this is the Bewilderbeast." My eyes nearly popped out of my skull at the sight of the giant tidal class dragon.

It had spikes off its skull and back and had two massive tusks, it must've picked up new visitors in his home and he rose to our level, every dragon bowed their heads, I turned to Toothless to see him bow as well, I smiled and I bowed down to the graceful giant. The dragon smiled at us gently blew icy breath at us and my hair was sticking up wildly, Valka and Mala giggled at how my hair looked, Mala gently ruffled my hair back to normal, I playfully swat her hand away and she smirks.

After spending hours more getting to know Valka better the time came for us to return to the Isle of Night, Mala and I pack up and looked back at Valka and smiled at her. "Will you visit us again mom?" She nodded and came toward me. "Of course I will son, I'll try and visit as many times as I can, I'd love to be part of your tribe and aid dragons everywhere." I nodded and gave her a hug, she immediately hugged back and whispered. "I'll see you soon, Dragon Master." I chuckled and bid her goodbye for now and climbed on Toothless and Mala was secured behind me and we flew back home in a very comfortable silence, my mom is alive and well.