Chapter 18: Treachorous plot

(Normal pov)

Hiccup and Toothless were out on their personal scouting mission, the young king informed his people if he was gone for more than three hours, send reinforcements to Helheim's Gate, since that's where they'd be scouting. Toothless had been anointed as Alpha over his kind back home, he was bigger, broader and his shot limit was up to twenty five bolts; the mighty Alpha even mated with Mala's dragon, Shadow hatched eggs days ago and the future of the Night Fury species looked brighter by the day.

As the duo neared their destination, they spotted a flock of dragons exiting the thick fog and by their formations, they're in hunting mode. All this time Hiccup and his people have been looking for a way to slay the Red Death, since the tyrant of a queen holds no regard for the life she destroys, there is no way to train her since she's an Alpha class dragon. Hiccup patted his dragons neck and pointed toward the fog. "C'mon bud, we're gonna take a look." Toothless nodded and the duo entered the fog.

There was an eerie silence, the two scanned their surroundings, ships with the Berk colors in shambles or abandoned, the smell of death was in the air and Hiccup put his helmet on to block out the foul stench. As they continued flying they heard voices, after finding cover behind rocks, Hiccup spotted what looked like Outcast ships anchored a few miles off Dragon Island. What were they doing here?

They can't defeat the Red Death, so what are they up to? Hiccup and Toothless flew closer, the fog served as excellent camouflage, they inspected the men on deck and they were definitely Outcast soldiers. Hiccup noticed these soldiers carrying very strange equipment, the likes of which he'd never laid eyes on. He needed to see the picture yet at the same time couldn't afford to get himself and Toothless caught.

Suddenly to Hiccup's horror, a projectile slammed into him and his dragon. Both of them cried out in pain as they recognized it was a bola fired from the Outcast ship. And like a pair of stones Hiccup and Toothless fell out of the sky and plummeted into the murky waters below.

As Hiccup and Toothless sank a net ensnares around them once they were pulled out of the water, they see Outcast soldiers reeling them in like they were some kind of prize. Once they were on the deck of their ship, they had weapons drawn, archers at the ready and awaiting their superior. Suddenly Hiccup spotted Alvin the Treacherous, and his second in command Savage.

"Well well well, looks like we've got ah'selves a dragon rider." Alvin snarled, his face twisting into a malicious grin, his grin soon disappeared and then drew his sword toward the duo. "Take em!" The Outcast soldiers charged, Hiccup ignited his Inferno sword and since his sword was made out of Nightshade Steel, his weapon cut the enemy weapons to pieces. Hiccup proceeded to cutting the enemy down with his sword. It was either kill or be killed.

Toothless roared in rage as archers fired at his rider, the dragon bounded over to Hiccup and wrapped his wings around him and the arrows bounced off the Night Fury, once the archers took time to nock their arrows, Toothless fires at the archers and the blast sends off the ship in a fiery crisp. After knocking out the last soldier, he felt an arrow pierce his shoulder, he cried out in pain, Hiccup soon fell unconscious due to the arrow being laced in sleeping potion. Toothless roared in outrage and fought off as many as he could but soon licked his masters face before flying away. "N-no." Hiccup mumbled before the world became black.

(Thirty minutes later)

What felt like a lifetime later, Hiccup's vision was foggy, he shook his head to clear his vision and felt himself tied to a chair, he wouldn't panic, he took breathes to calm his racing nerves. He still had his helmet on, so the Outcasts didn't see who he was yet, Hiccup had a hidden knife in his arm cuff, he soon began to cut at the ropes keeping him grounded. The door burst open and Hiccup quickly hid his knife and looked to see Alvin and Savage enter, along with a few soldiers.