Chapter 25: Family drama

(Normal pov)

After a successful attack on the Roman fleet, Hiccup and his dragon riders safely returned back home with no casualties. A flawless attack run. Hiccup dismounted Toothless and scratched his chin, the Night Fury purred in delight. Heather punched Hiccup in arm and smirked. "That was without a doubt our best run yet." The king smiled and wrapped his arm around his friends shoulder and nodded.

"Well that's because I was accompanied by my best riders." Heather chuckled and wrapped her arm around Hiccups waist as they walked back to the village.

Once rejoining the other Heather saw the man that she'd grown affections for. Fishlegs Ingerman. Though he was still a Viking, she respected the man for his knowledge of dragons and his intelligence over his tribesman. "Why don't you talk to him?" Hiccup asked, Heather removed herself from her friends grasp and looked down nervously.

"I would, it's just that...well, I don't know if he'd like me, considering my past..." Hiccup walked in front of his friend and gripped her shoulders. "Heather. You are a survivor, Fishlegs will take a liking to you immediately." He reassured, Heather looked at Hiccup and then back at Fishlegs, she then walked over to him and the two began talking.

Hiccup then heard a soft chuckle and turned around. "Mala." Hiccup said with smiled and pulled her in for a hug, when they pulled apart, she looked to see Heather speaking to Fishlegs.

"Heather and Ingerman are finally talking it seems." She chuckled softly and crossed her arms across her chest. "She truly is one strong woman." Hiccup hummed in agreement, when he rescued Heather, she took time trusting men, because men overpowered her and almost robbed her of her virginity.

She didn't want to feel hopeless ever again, Hiccup completely understood her. He revealed to her he used to be beaten down, scorned and rejected by his tribesman many years ago and that he still holds no feelings for his people but he doesn't let his dark side define who he is.

"Hiccup."

The young man turned around and curled his lip in annoyance as Stoick and a handful of others that despised him approached. "Why haven't you gotten to the bottom of these raids boy?!! I've grown tired of living here with you and your... vile pets." Mildew spat out, while holding his sheep Fungus.

Hiccup shot the old man a deadly look, then turned toward his father and asked in a annoyed tone. "Is this why you're here? Hmm? To throw your complaints on my lap?" Spitelout stepped up and crossed his arms before answering Hiccup. "Yes boy, that's why we're here. So why haven't you killed the problem?" Mala scoffed and stepped up. "Have you not been listening you imbecile? We need a plan to take down the Red Death, not just go charging in." Spitelout snarled at Mala and drew his sword, but Hiccup drew his out in the blink of an eye and pressed the metal on his uncles neck.

"If you so much as touch a hair on her head Spitelout, I'll have your head on a spit in the blink of an eye." Hiccup snarled out, the elder Jorgenson scoffed and shot back. "Oh? You stand no match for a Jorgenson, you useless piece of shit!" Mala drew out her katana and pointed it right at Spitelout's face. "Hold your tongue serpent! Or I'll hack it out of your foul mouth!" She seethed out.

"ENOUGH!!" Stoick roared at his brother, Spitelout grumbled under his breath and crossed his arms, still mindful of the two swords in his face. "Hiccup, I am ordering you to come with us and end this threat." Stoick demanded, the young man scoffed and pointed the tip of his sword right at Stoick's chest. "I will not! I have a plan. Your previous attempts at the nest were all colossal failures." Stoick looked away, knowing he's lost good friends and warriors to the dragons.

"Why? Because you went in blindly and you're reckless." Stoick looked back up to see Hiccups face was etched with irritation. "Need I remind you that you and you're people came to me, not the other way around." Mildew spoke out again. "A decision that we dearly regret." Hiccup turned toward Mildew and gave him an evil look.