Chapter 26: Dragon training

(Normal pov)

A month had gone by and the relationship between the Strike Clan and the Hooligans grew more tense. Like even the tiniest spark would combust and engulf both tribes into violent action.

Stoick's lieutenants were questioning their Chiefs mind. If staying on the Isle of Night was still wise, because almost all the Vikings wanted to fight the dragons back on Berk and protect their home.

They believed Hiccup's dragon society was a festering disease that deserved to be destroyed, Hiccup was losing it though, his old tribesman were complaining, bloodthirsty and vengeful, and with them living among dragons, some were even plotting on killing the Night Furies.

Hiccup was not going to tolerate any violence. He tripled the guard patrols and if they noticed even one of the Vikings give a dragon a hateful look, they were to confronted.

But this arrangement between the Hooligans and the Strike Clan wasn't going to last long, Hiccup has spent day and night trying to calm his former tribe but to no avail. And these failures were making Hiccup very angry and frustrated.

Astrid and her group of Hooligans have respected Hiccup's leadership and were willing to come to peace with dragons, since learning they're but victims as well as they are. They even asked Hiccup if they could train dragons of their own, Hiccup was shocked at first, but decided it was a good idea because maybe if Astrids group can prove to the rest of the Hooligans that dragons aren't mindless beasts, then he'd be making progress.

(Astrids pov)

Ever since I've regained Hiccup's trust and friendship again, I need to do every thing in my power to never abuse that trust he placed in me. I've always like Hiccup, even when we were kids, he didn't pretend to be something he wasn't, we were the ones who beat him down for being different and I regret not helping him when he needed it the most.

Hiccup agreed to help me and my friends train dragons, because the rest of my people want to continue fighting a bloody and viscous war. I want to be part of the solution, not adding more pointless deaths. I was a fool, to doubt Hiccup years past, but what's done is done, I'm ready to make things right with him.

It was a cool morning and my friends and I made our way to the training arena which was larger then ours. We saw Hiccup and his dragon Toothless.

(Normal pov)

"Welcome to dragon training." Hiccup said as he opened the pens of dragons that haven't yet found riders, or were abused by hunters or trappers. There were five Night Furies; and each one of them looked mistreated, from scars running down torsos, eyes and other body parts. Wings sliced from razor netting, and other atrocities, Hiccup and his clan cared for them all and these dragons learned to forgive what humans did to them, yet they still carry deep hatred for hunters and trappers.

"Today, you five have the privilege of training these Night Furies to ultimately become one of your own." Hiccup said as one of the mistreated dragons nuzzled into his side and the young king scratched its head. Astrid approached and noticed this dragon had a scar running down its eye and instead of ocean blue, the color was a light gray on that eye. "What happened to this poor guy?" She asked.

Hiccup knelt before the dragon and gave it a huge Icelandic cod and the dragon tore into the fish with ease. "It's a girl. Her name is Shade." Shade looked at Astrid and she inspected the dragon, she had ocean blue eyes and her pupils turned into slits as she sniffed Astrid, growling at her.

Hiccup looked at Astrid with a worried face. "She's being cautious because she senses that you've harmed dragons." Astrid looked away in shame, she's killed plenty of dragons, and now it's coming back to haunt her. When she killed that Gronckle, she noticed it was in a trance like state, know she understood, those dragons were under the Red Death's control.