Raul

I'll admit, I've never been attracted to the opposite gender, since like forever.

In fact, I was twelve when I realized that the boy next door looked cute as hell and became inclined to make him notice me.

And when I turned thirteen the next year, I learnt the word "gay" and understood what the lgbt community meant and who it consisted of. Naturally, when I joined high school, I had expected to explore more in that region.

     But it took me too long to admit it to anybody else. And after I did admit it, starting with my parents, my best friend, Pam, was the next one to know about me.

I still remember the night I jumped inside Pam's room through the window to tell her what I had just told my parents. She had an incomprehensible look on her face. But that changed and she became my biggest supporter, and even went to the extent of offering to help me find "suitable boys".

     I still chuckle at that thought.

Pam (Best friend since like forever) : And why am I being disturbed this midnight?

Raul : I . . . kinda have something. . . to tell you.

Pam : Great! 'Cause . . . I do too.

Raul : So do you wanna go first?

Pam : Nah, you go first.

Raul : Okay. . . . here goes. . . . . . . I'm gay.

Something about her face told me that she wasn't expecting it. She definitely wasn't. Three seconds later, she started laughing hysterically and didn't stop until I hugged her. She hugged me back and started crying.

I was taken aback of course.

But she said, she was crying tears of happiness. I doubted that for a bit but realised Pam was just being her normal overdramatic self. Like all girls.

Pam : Now we can both crush on guys together!

I laughed too. I had to. Pam was really the bestest friend I ever had.

      So, yup.
      Pretty much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hola! So this is the POV of the third person in the book . . . Make sure to read ahead to know more about them characters . . . .
- Mallina