Pam

I couldn't help it.

I broke down in the ladies toilet of the pizzeria I had come to for the first time with my best friend, who also happened to be my first and only love, and with his possibly would-be boyfriend. I didn't particularly care about anybody else in the group.

Tara : Omg, are you okay? Why are you-- oh, oh! Why are you crying so lou-- ohhhhhh. . . . It's okay, calm down!

I did not even know why I decided to bring Tara along. At first, I'd thought that I'd be the only girl to join the hangout and that wouldn't have lasted pretty well so I looked for someone to accompany me. Not so fortunately, Tara was the only free kid.

Pam : You don't even . . . . Sob. . . . know why I'm . . . . Sob. . . . Crying! Waaaaail . . . . . . . How can you expect me to calm down?

Tara : Then tell me what's wrong!

Pam : The only boy I ever loved loves somebody else now! . . . Waaaaaaaaaaiiilll . . . .

Tara : Ohhhhhh. . . . . . I think I can relate somehow.

Pam : But you haven't even known Jeremiah for as long as I've known my best friend!

Tara : Wait, are you talking about Raul?

Pam : No, I'm talking about Jungkook! Of course I'm talking about Raul!

Tara : Oh, Pam.

She gently stroked my back and handed me her handkerchief which smelled like lavender. I liked her for trying to console me. But I couldn't continue with this. Raul would know that I had been crying.

Pam : When we return to the table, tell them I tripped or something.

Tara : And he'll believe that?

Pam : Raul will believe anything.

Tara raised an eyebrow but didn't question me further, probably fearful that I'd snap.

Daniel : What took you both so long?

I wished I could summon a knife or something, because sticking it into the eye sockets I glared in at that moment would give me greater pleasure than eating the ultimate chocolate cake.
Okay, maybe not the ultimate chocolate cake since I'd have to deal with a hell lot of blood anyway.

Tara : Um, Pam kind of tripped so. . . . . Yeah.

Daniel : In the washroom?

Is that a hint of mock in your tone, you little piece of shit?

I clenched my fist behind my back.
Any weapon. Any weapon. I don't care.

Raul : Are you alright?

Suddenly a bucket of ice cold water was dropped over the sheer anger in my head.

Pam : Yeah, tuh-- totally.

Daniel flashed me a smile. Maybe it was supposed to be a kind one or something but to me it looked like a challenging, derisive one.

Piece of shit.

Tara : So what were you guys doing while we were gone?
Tara steered the conversation quickly, taking a seat beside the robotic Jeremiah.

Thanks, Tara.

Raul : Daniel was telling us about the recent football match. He scored a hatrick. Awesome, right?

Why the hell are you looking at me, Raul? Just why?

Pam : Uh, huh . . . . . . .

Daniel : Sheesh, Raul. You're exaggerating.

Jeremiah : He's just stating a fact.

In that fleeting moment, I suspected a blush on Daniel's cheeks as he glanced at Jeremiah, even though he had sounded completely straightforward.

I narrowed my eyes.

Pam : That is . . . awesome. . . . .

My tone was . . . . . . . not so doubtful. I think.

But I did know what I wanted and, or, had to do to clear the doubt and at the same time plan a murder.

I needed to know more about my rival.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who else feels bad for Pam?
Btw, it'll all keep continuing so each event occurs after the next one.
I hope few people from ARMY can relate to a particular sentence in this chapter. . . Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you!
- Mallina