Raul

And to even think that I could reconsider my decision of giving up on Daniel.

To even think!

Yup it was crazy. I was probably dreaming.

But the problem was that it was all true. It was hard-core reality that Daniel had hugged me and shed tears on my shoulders and it wasn't a dream.
My soul couldn't help jumping up and down like a little girl on a trampoline.

Could things get better?
Or sink to the worst?

It was like I was floating to school the next day.

Pam : Aren't you a little too happy?

Raul : Does it seem like that?

Pam : Come on! Just tell me what happened!

Raul : Can't I keep you in suspense just a little longer?

Pam scowled at me.

Pam : You're kidding me, right?

I laughed.

Raul : Okay, okay. So all you saw was Daniel and me running away, right?

Pam : Yeah well . . .

Raul : After we stopped running . . . Daniel actually hugged me!

Pam stared at me.

Raul : What?

Pam : . . . He just hugged you? That's all? How can you possibly let your hopes rise just 'cause of that?

   My heart sank slightly.

Raul : But you know . . . .

Pam : As long as he doesn't initiate a kiss or something more, it's nothing. You'll be fretting over nothing.

Raul : Hah—

Pam : Moreover, it could also be that—now don't get angry but—it could be that he's using you to get Jeremiah out of his head. Because . . . he knows it's impossible to get Jeremiah to like him the way he wants.

I couldn't help gaping at her. Something as far fetched as that . . . Yup. Only she among everyone I knew was capable of doing so.

Raul : How can you even say that? Like why?

Pam : . . . . . . I dunno. I just can. And I just think so—whatever I said.

Raul : . . . . I see.

Pam didn't say further.

Daniel was using me, huh?
   I took a deep breath.

Raul : . . . . I don't think I really mind being used by Daniel.

Pam : Huh? What you mumbling about?

Raul : Nothing. Forget it. So how's it going between you and Kaedan?

I thought I could spot a tiny blush on her cheeks.

Pam : Splendid actually. Kaedan is like—really sweet and really smart too. Moreover, he really likes me.

I laughed at her expression.

Raul : What's with your look then? You're saying it in such a drab way. Isn't it great? Kaedan's an epic guy. Yeah . . . I ship you both.

Pam widened her eyes at me. And I laughed even more.

The awkwardest part, however, was when I spotted Daniel at school. Thankfully Jeremiah wasn't around at that particular moment.
I knew I couldn't run away after we had had eye contact. So I approached him to offer a formally informal greeting.

Raul : Hey, Dan—