Jeremiah

I don't know if a day could ever go any worse.

     When the bell for the first class rang, I walked along with Daniel to reach the biology lab when guess what?
     I slipped on a banana peel.

    A banana peel!

     Great way to begin a day, huh?
     But even after shrugging it off and thinking that I'd experienced worse, bad luck did not leave my side when I got paired up with another one of those stupid brunettes. Not only did she know nothing about the chapter we were discussing, but she kept clinging to me like cheese.

     On a pizza!

     Sometimes I feel like working in a fast food restaurant is affecting my brain. Like literally.

     She also just had to go ahead and spill the whole bottle of the iodine solution all over one of my favorite shirts. Before I knew it, time was up and the bell chimed again.

    To add more to it, Mrs Allen gave me a D in my last assignment.

   A D!

    I wish I could stop exclaiming but I can't. Never had I expected that my day would take such horrible turns within the first hour. And I may not look like it but I take my studies quite seriously. Because when I was in fifth grade, I had promised my mom that I would become a doctor and heal people's hearts. May sound stupid but I was a nine year old, so pfft.

Daniel : I can't believe someone can be so clumsy.

Jeremiah : Hey! It was totally Lindsey's fault.

Daniel : Then what about the banana peel?

Jeremiah : What—that's different . . . . Stop laughing! 

      We were walking down the corridor to attend the next class on the second floor and Daniel hadn't even stopped laughing when— wham!
      A football slammed into my head outta nowhere. 

Random Football Player : So sorry man! You alright?

     Completely fine!
     My head started to spin. 

Jeremiah : Do I look alright?!

Random Football Player : Woah, you don't have to shout. The ball didn't even scratch you.

    Daniel grabbed my hand and led me away before I could land a punch on the guy's face.

Daniel : Calm down!

Jeremiah : I swear, I think that banana peel cursed me for ruining its "slipperyness" by slipping on it and tossing it in the rubbish bin or something.

Daniel : . . . . . . . . . . Laugh—

Jeremiah : Don't you dare laugh!

Daniel : . . . Okay, whatever. Oh and I kinda put your name in for the prom king candidates.

Jeremiah : . . . . . . . Wait, . . . what? But isn't it like two months away?

Daniel : One month.

Jeremiah : Who cares?! I don't want to be prom king! How could you do that without asking my permission?

Daniel : Uh . . . . . Sorr—

Jeremiah : Where is the candidate list hung up?

Daniel : The upstairs bulletin board. . . . Jeremiah I—

Jeremiah : Don't talk to me!

    Great! Another troublesome thing to deal with. 
    Yup, what could possibly be worse?

    Yet, I was so affected by Daniel's "news" that I started sprinting towards the staircase at the end of the hall without knowing it. And I always stared at the ground whenever I was weighed down by some disturbing thought. 

    I was about to land my foot on the first stair when I felt another shoulder slam into mine. Suddenly. Immediately. Luckily the impact wasn't too much. I didn't hit the ground (Again).

     Can't anyone leave me alone?!

Jeremiah : Watch where you're going, idiot!

     I did not completely register the fact that the student I had run into was actually a girl, until after I'd reached the second floor. When her face flooded back in my head, I figured she wasn't just any girl.
But Susan.
    And oh shit! What about the resolve of talking to her?
    I couldn't help it. I was fuming. I had way too many things on my mind. What had I called her? An idiot?

    Why god, . . . . why?

    What a disastrous day.
    Sheesh!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo!
Sigh . . . Poor Jeremiah . . .
ANYways, don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter and the chapters to come!
- Mallina