Pam

It was like I had fallen off a cliff. My heart felt sick.

      I could do nothing but stare at Raul as he shrank inside his car. Somehow I felt no emotion. My mind went blank. But my brain was yet functioning. I frowned at the indifference Daniel had shown. Why didn't he say something?

      His not saying anything bugged me even more. Talking to Raul, while he was driving seemed dangerous. But I had to do something.

Pam : Calm down.

Raul : But he said nothing.

Pam : Exactly.

   He didn't reject you. Yet.
      We looked into each other's eyes for a moment, then Raul looked away.

      The next day at school proved to be fatal.
     Daniel completely ignored the events of the day before! I watched his every step, his every move, every word. After school, I walked toward Daniel's locker with Raul. Jeremiah was with him. I'd thought Raul would hesitate but there wasn't any trace of any kind of uncertainty in him.

Raul : Uh, um, Daniel? Listen, about yesterda—

Daniel : Yeah, we were talking about the party. So who are you bringing along with you?

         I clenched my fists behind my back.
      Any weapon, ANY weapon. . . .
      Then I stopped. Did Daniel divert the subject because Jeremiah was with him? Because I was present too? I tried hard to resist frowning. Raul seemed to have become numb. So I stepped in.

Pam : I'll be accompanying him to the party. Duh.
      Daniel smiled.

      The nerve of that kid! My best friend's dying 'cause of you!

Daniel : What about you, Jeremiah?

Jeremiah : What do you mean? I'll be your company, right?

Daniel : No, dude. I'm the host. You're supposed to bring someone else, even if I am apparently your only close friend right now.

      Raul stiffened beside me.
      I glared at the piece of shit named Daniel. I could punch him to death right then.

Raul : What about Tara? 
      I started at the tone of his suggestion.

Jeremiah : Oh no, not her.
      And I flinched at Jeremiah's bluntness. Suddenly, a strange vibe radiated from Raul's direction.

Raul : Alright then, what about Susan?
      I stared at Raul. Then at Jeremiah. He glowered at Raul, took a deep breath and walked away without answering. Daniel followed him without casting another glance back at me or Raul. Raul walked away in another direction. I was left behind, gritting my teeth in anger, frustration and annoyance.

      That evening, I walked to the nearest convenience store to run an errand. As I was searching the aisles looking for a particular brand of biscuits, my back collided with another person. A few packs of biscuits fell to the ground. As I stooped to pick them up after muttering an apology, the person's face came into view. Immediately, I jumped back.

Daniel : Oh, it's you. Hi.

      Even though there wasn't any significance of an undertone, I fumed at his "greeting". I wanted to smack him pale. No one from school would be around to witness that either. But I called forth all of the self-control in me instead. I gave him a long slide glance. Yet, I had to do something.

Pam : Why didn't you say or do anything yesterday when Raul kissed you?
      After I said it, I realized he hadn't known that I'd seen them. His eyes widened.

Daniel : You were spying on us?

         Huh?!?

Pam : Listen, dude, I just happened to be there. . . In fact, I would've been happier if I hadn't—
      Daniel looked at me in an unintelligible way. I decided to attack him head on.

Pam : Anyways . . . you're— you are gay. Aren't you?

      I sounded . . . . . straightforward, prompt and firm. Daniel seemed distressed yet somehow calm at the same time. If that makes sense.

Daniel :  . . . . . . . . . .

Pam : Staaaaarreeeeee . . . You just like somebody else, don't you?
      At this Daniel looked away. I frowned really, really hard.

Pam : Listen, I don't care about you at all. Not one bit, okay? But— Raul does. . . So just, do whatever but don't hurt him. You hear me?! If you do anything even close to that, I'll —seriously kill you!

      Saying that, I turned and stomped away. I couldn't believe the amount of anger that little piece of shit had managed to fill into my head just by not saying anything at all. Again! Aaaahhhhhh!

      My life never failed to fail me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Such petty little lives and lies. . .
I hope you all are enjoying this story though and comment what you think is better : DanielxRaul or PamxRaul (I know it's absurd as both can't be compared on an equal basis but hey, I'm giving you the chance to fantasize . . . Also I haven't figured out the ship names yet so help me out)
And don't forget to vote!
Motivate me! ;)
- Mallina