Raul

I'd decided. I'd skip prom. I couldn't actually care less.

   The day before Daniel was supposed to leave, I was a wreck. I tried watching TV. Every other character in any kind of show I tried to watch reminded me of Daniel. No but seriously, I wasn't as sappy that I'd see Daniel's face instead of every guy's face on the screen. I just couldn't stop thinking about him.
   I tried eating a pizza for dinner. But it only reminded me of the hangout we all had had in that local pizzeria the name of which I couldn't remember. . . where he had leaned into me. . . .
   Ah, damn!
   Now even enjoying pizza was difficult so I know you can imagine what I was going through.
   Nope, nope. What was I doing with myself?

   Finally, I declared that getting some fresh air would help me tons.
After throwing on whatever clothes and shoes and sweatshirts I could find around me over my pajamas, I jumped out the house through my window. Somehow I had caught a fancy for entrances and exits through windows since the day I began doing that every time I visited Pam. Did I mention that before?
   Anyways. As soon as I was outside, the bushes near the driveway rustled. And no, there was no wind. And no, I hadn't landed on those particular bushes either. I approached the place where the rustle had sounded and to my fucked up surprise, a dark figure popped out of the leaves.

   At first I suspected that it was probably some petty thief who was failing at his job pretty badly. But on closer inspection—

Raul :  . . . . Daniel?

   He stood up and his face became clearly visible in the bright silver moonlight.

   Seriously? That sappy stuff was really starting to get to me now. Even with all the thoughts I had been having the whole day, I was actually hallucinating about the whole figure all of a sudden.
   My mind. My mind was done with.
But then my supposed mirage started talking.

Daniel : I swear I wasn't trying to hide in those bushes I just fell because you scared me by appearing out of that window of yours—

Raul : Okay, okay. Slow down.

   But wait—
   I inched closer and extended a hand toward his face. Nope, that was skin alright. Soft, silver skin.
What the hell, he was really real!
   Daniel touched my hand on his face. In the moonlight, his expression was slightly vivid. So I couldn't figure out if he was blushing. I hoped the same worked for me because I was a burning mess when the apprehension sunk in.

Raul : Wha— why are you—

   I withdrew my hand almost swifter than lightning.

Raul : What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be . . . I dunno . . . packing or something for tomorrow?

   Daniel stared at me and I grew shyer with each passing split second.

Daniel : I just . . . . couldn't leave without seeing you for one last time, I guess.

   Huh? What the hell was with that?
   I chuckled without humor.

Raul : I didn't know you were this cheesy.

Daniel : Sorry— I just—

Raul : But I'm not completely unhappy.

   I looked into his eyes.

Raul : About what you just said.

   Daniel smirked sadly.

Daniel : Sorry about imposing on you the other day.

Raul : Yeah well . . . I'm not good at goodbyes so . . .

   And then it happened.
   After a moment of gut wrenching silence, my face was grabbed and the next thing I knew, Daniel's lips was all over mine and his face felt feverish against my cheeks. So he was blushing after all. I didn't have time to think. Never had actually.
   So I enjoyed it to the fullest while it lasted. His taste, his smell, his touch, his breath, his hair against my fingertips. My heart was a ticking bomb.
   Thankfully it was night and it was dark. Or god knows how it would've ended up.
   Daniel let go of me after a long, long time and we both slumped on the grass under the windowsill of the window in my drawing room, thighs touching. Daniel breathed hard. I breathed hard. The atmosphere was pretty heated but it was pretty tense at the same time.

   We didn't talk for a while. We just sat there in the silence of the peaceful night, staring ahead, and listened to each other's heart beats, our breaths still sorta rugged from all the sudden vigorousness.

   But he was leaving . . . we wouldn't probably see each other again . . . How did it matter? Morelike— Why now?
   I was about to speak up when—

Daniel : Do you believe in long distance relationships?

   That took me by surprise, I swear. Not just his question, but his tone too. I had probably never noticed such sincerity coming from another person I'd ever met before.
Okay . . . Okay . . . My heart was starting to flutter even more now . . .

Raul :  . . . . Uh, maybe.

   Daniel turned to me.

   And smiled.

The next afternoon, I drove to the airport in an unspecified frenzy. We met near a pillar, feet from the entrance.

Daniel : I told you not to come to the airport!

Raul : I can't even see off my boyfriend?

Even though I finally got one. . . .
We stared at each other. Then Daniel hugged me tightly.

Daniel : Just a few more years.

Raul : Just a few more years.

We stayed thus until Daniel's parents came by. Daniel handed me a piece of paper, that would be my only consolation for a while, with a phone number on it. He smirked. I smirked.

Daniel : Anytime.

Raul : Always.

And even as his comforting touch left me behind, I knew it was only for a short span. I knew he wouldn't forget. I knew he'd remember. And I knew he'd stay. I had his promise in my fist.
We'd be together.

It was more than good enough for me.
~~~

Who else is crying by now? No one? It's just me?
Oh . . . Okay then . . . .
*blows nose on a tissue*
And that right now was Raul's last POV for this story . . .
*starts wailing even harder*
Anyways . . . Vote and COMMENT if you liked that!
Thank you!
- Mallina
X")