Raul

And I had thought Daniel's party could've actually made me feel better.
I had decided. Since, Daniel hadn't actually talked to me or replied to any of my texts after that "event", the next time I would be meeting him alone would be at the party. I would corner him. And make him answer.

However, when the dreaded evening finally arrived, all my self confidence sagged out of me like a deflated balloon. And unfortunately, Pam was no help.

Pam : You're doing this alone.

Raul : I know that but—

Pam : Man up, kid! You're a man, right? You can do this!

I couldn't help but stare at her hopelessly.

Walking into the garden of Daniel's pretty little two-storied house, I felt like someone had placed a weight of a hundred tonnes on my shoulders. Pam gave me a thumbs-up with the most serious look on her face, patted me on the back twice and strode off to join her other friends. I took three deep breaths before setting off to find the chosen one.

   However, what my eyes met made me retract immediately.

A few meters inside the house, past the threshold, stood the two of them. Ruffling my hair, I was about to approach the scene when I was forced to stop abruptly in my tracks. Daniel had pinned Jeremiah to the wall behind him and they were talking to each other in soft tones. Three seconds later, Jeremiah looked like he had seen a ghost and Daniel deemed ready to cry. I hid behind a door nearby as Daniel fled the place in a frenzy.

A dark emotion plummeted down my throat and into the depths of my heart.

So was that why Daniel hadn't answered me?

Was that why I had become a subject of his ignorance?

I could feel my heart shattering into a million pieces. Suddenly Pam appeared outta nowhere.

Pam : Raul, they got an amazing DJ! Let's go dance!

Raul : No.

Pam : But—

Raul : I gotta go!

I had to talk to him. I needed to get an answer. Any answer. Even if I wasn't prepared for absolute disappointment at all.
I raced around the house, past the dancing and sweating nuisances. Right when I was about to give up on my conviction and slump back to the garden, I realised I hadn't checked the second floor. The next second I found myself sprinting upstairs at top speed.

   Panting slightly, I raised my head to gaze at the crouching figure of him, leaning against the wall with knees drawn up to his chest and his head burried in them. Without making the slightest sound, I walked up to him and sat on the floor beside him.

Raul : How's life?

Daniel picked his head up with a jerk. I smiled weakly at his depressed face. He stared at me with wide eyes.

Daniel : Raul . . . I'm sorry, I—

I stood up. Daniel leveled his head with mine. And slowly and gently, he looked into my eyes.

Daniel : I like Jeremiah. A lot. Sorry.

I raked my hair with my stiff fingers and nodded.
We both glowered at the ground for a few moments.

Raul : Did I mention that was my first kiss?

Daniel stiffened. I looked at his blurry face.

Raul : I'm deeply sorry about it though. Forget anything ever happened between us, 'kay?

Daniel : Raul, I—

   But I had walked away already.
Outside the noise-filled house, I stared up at the clear sky through my watery eyes with a dagger in my heart.

Oh man, what had I gotten myself into?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flip of everything!
What would you choose?
DanielxRaul or DanielxJeremiah?
(I know, I'm shaking my head at myself too.)
Anyway! Do vote, comment your answer and share!
Thank you! ;)
-Mallina