Good Enough : Epilogue

Clouds had covered the sky. It seemed like it might rain.
The day wasn't too sunny.

But the feelings were bright.

Raul was hurrying through the streets with his fingers in his coat pockets and his head in a mess. His boss had called and he had been in a whole lot of trouble. But he was alright now. His article for the coming Monday was done. He was done with his job. Being an editor could be hard work.
Though he had to listen to his boss's ramblings for the past three hours, it was worth it. He had finally got the much deserved holiday he had wanted. No, no. He needed that holiday.
How long had it been? Four. . . Five. . . Six?
That's right. . . six years. It had been six whole years since he had held his face in his hands. They rarely met. The job that Daniel had got in Paris was an important one. Raul didn't want to take it away from him. . . Therefore, the consequences.  But they were finally meeting up. Even though it'd last for only a little bit . . .  
His head was still too much in a mess. He could've actually thrown up.
His face. His face. His voice. His voice.
Raul was going crazy with excitement.

As the sky got even darker, he finally reached his destination.

He stared at the building of the high school where he had made unforgettable memories. Memories that he was probably gonna relive.

The only person standing in front of the deserted entrance turned around. Raul's eyes met his. He smiled like never before, for a long time.

~

Pam was freaking out. Or maybe she was just— No, no . . . she was definitely freaking out. Oh my god, they were finally gonna make the huge announcement! Was she excited or was she excited!
She stared at her hands as she walked the steps to the station platform. Her phone buzzed. Shit, she didn't even have time to freak out! She was gonna be late. . . .

She reached the restaurant where he was waiting. Checking her makeup and hair for the last time, she shuffled inside. The man in the tuxedo whirled around in his chair and extended a hand along with a smile. Pam returned the smile and allowed him to take hold of her hand.

Pam : Oh how I've waited for this moment. . . .

~

Susan rechecked the list in her hand for the nth time. She scanned her surrounding. She looked at her watch. Just thirty more minutes and she'd see them all again. . . .
She had finally managed to get some time off her overflowing schedule. But who was she kidding? She had started the preparations seven weeks early. There was no way she could let go of such an important event.
And yet . . . she was restless. Even though she'd see all her other friends, her heart couldn't help but cry at the unfortune that he couldn't come. Only him. . . .
But she'd meet him some day later. That's right . . . Maybe. Conceivably.
This particular day had posed a chance though . . .
No, no. It was worthless to think about it. She continued distracting herself by rechecking the list in her hand.

Susan : Hopefully, things will go well for everybody else though . . .

~

Jeremiah was smiling. He was smiling too much. So much so that it was creepy. But did he notice it! He was finally done with his case. Even the passers-by had started to stare. But did he notice it. . . .
He had no interest in sparing another glance at anybody else around him. It was supposed to be the best day of his life, although it hadn't even begun properly yet. He couldn't remember the last time he had been so happy. Government work could be quite horrid. But Jeremiah didn't particularly hate it. After all, solving crimes could be very intriguing, time consuming or not.
University had been another turning point for him. But he wasn't completely sad about it. As long as she was happy, he knew it would be the same for him.
Morelike, he had to get to the end of the line quickly or it'd become troublesome. He was late anyway.
Even though that's what he had in mind, he had said otherwise. That too, at the last moment. He sighed.