Raul

It's so frustrating when you don't know if you'll get what you want.
As we walked home from the hangout at the random pizzeria, the breeze blew in my face and I realized something. I had never really confessed to any boy before. And high school provided a perfect chance.

Raul : Do you think I should confess?

Pam : To whom?

Raul : Daniel, duh.

Pam : And what if you seem too desperate?

Raul : Pam, my sweet, sweet girl, what happened to the pact that you were gonna help me get boys?

Pam : I'm just your best friend. I only give advice.

I pursed my lips at Pam.

Raul : You seem off. Did something happen? . . . . . . . Is it Kaedan?

Pam : What? . . . . . . No.

Raul : Then answer my question properly.

Pam : I already told you. Just don't make it seem too desperate. After all, you're confessing to a boy. And for the first time, right? You don't know how he'll take it. It might affect you worse.

She had a point. I could be doomed.

Pam : Push it outta your mind right now because you got better things to think about.

Raul : I dunno, you know.

Pam sighed.

Pam : Okay fine, who was your first crush?

Raul : Um. . . . . I dunno, Cedric Diggory, Peeta Mellark, Luke Castellan--

Pam : I'm talking about real life crushes!

Raul : Oh, then. . . Taylor Lautner, Sam Claflin, Jake Abel—

Pam : Dude!!

Raul : Okay, okay. I'm messing with you.

We both laughed at each other.

Pam : Hey, what was that other guy's name?

Raul : Which guy?

Pam : You know, the one who's always with Daniel.

My smile disappeared momentarily.

Raul : Oh, you mean Jeremiah?

Pam : Oh yeah, he's really cute too.

Raul : Scoff. . . Except for the fact that he's way too rude and the exact opposite of Daniel.

Pam : I know, right? I wonder why Daniel chose to be his friend. Or rather his best friend. They're almost always together.

My heart twisted. She was right again. No wonder she was a girl. The thought of the two of them bunny hopped around my brain.

The next day at school, I met up with Daniel in the crowded school corridor and guess who was with him? Duh. Jeremiah. Sometimes I wondered if he was from a different planet. Like an alien.

Looking at Daniel's face though, Pam's wise words resounded in my brain.
You don't know how he'll take it.
It might affect you worse.
The bell rang. The school bell, by the way.

Daniel : Hey, Raul. Class is gonna start. Let's go.

I smiled. I was still a somebody to him. I guess I had time.

Well. Never mind then.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor, poor clueless Raul. . .
Vote and comment btw!
- Mallina