Pam

If it weren't for that piece of shit, playing ball with the guys could've actually cheered me up a bit. But nope, that Daniel needed to be everywhere. And poor Raul couldn't make it any worse for me. However, one thing that was still in my favour was that Jeremiah was right there too. Always beside his "best friend".

And someone kill me with a sword if it wasn't utter admiration that was plastered all over Daniel's face every time he turned to talk to Jeremiah.

Although, the stupid rumor that had suddenly arose out of no-hell-where was gnawing at my sides. If it did turn out to be true, what was I to do?
Before I could start staring weirdly at the kid, I decided to confront him on my own since the match hadn't begun yet anyway.

Pam : So, what do you see in Susan?

Jeremiah : Huh. I think we have never talked before, have we?

Pam : Uh, I guess not.

Jeremiah : Exactly why you should stay out of it.

Pam : Are you always this . . . . Um, I dunno, . . . rude?

I had sounded . . . . on point.

Jeremiah : Staaaaaaaaaarreeeeee . . . . . . . . .

Pam : . . . . . Okay, forget it.

Well, that certainly did not help. Even though I had this nagging feeling at the back of my mind, I knew that nothing had started between them yet. So I'll probably let that be. But whatever happened, I couldn't let the truth slip away. If there was something that Daniel had in mind about Jeremiah, I had to find it out.

I was afraid I would start spacing out again but luckily the other guys who were supposed to join us showed up before that could happen. After Kaedan introduced everyone who had entered to the ones who were already under the basket, the practice match began.

The guys played some top notch street ball for forty minutes and a whole crowd had gathered outside the court to enjoy the game. The unofficial match ended with our win, 79-to-78. Close call.

Pam : That was fast, but quite lame. Where did all your skills disappear?

Raul : Oh yeah? Why don't you show us some then?

Pam : Smirk . . .  Glad to. Would those guys from the other team mind?

Kaedan : Of course not. Let's play another short match.

Well, yay gender equality . . .

Since both Raul and Daniel were in my team, I had to be at the pinnacle of my power. To earn the awe of Raul and to outshine Daniel. So I didn't stop. I shot pretty impressive baskets inches away from the three-point line. Even the guys from the other team were bedazzled despite being completely frazzled.

Hah! Never underestimate girls when it comes to taking revenge and showing off some skills at the same time.

The expression on Raul's face almost pushed me to the verge of tears.

Raul : You are the greatest, Pam. You proved it.

Pam : . . . . Oh, uh, thanks . . . Raul. But everyone here knows how amazing you play. So it's a huge thing for me when the compliment comes from you—

Daniel : That was seriously good!

Well hah to you too, piece of shit!
UNfortunately, I didn't say it out loud.

Pam : . . . . . . Yeah, well . . . . Gotta make someone notice me. . .

     I was way too sure that he had definitely noticed my eye roll toward Raul. Daniel raised an eyebrow but did not reply. Thankfully, Raul was talking to Jeremiah and forgot to hear what I had said.

Raul : So you been playing long or this was your first time?

Jeremiah : No, I've played before. Several times.

Daniel : Why don't you tell him about your middle school win?

      And as Jeremiah narrated the story, I continued observing them all. But just for a second between the story, Daniel peeled his eyes off Jeremiah and his gaze met mine. What he did next threw me off by a mile.
     He smirked at me.

     Smirked at me!

     Damn brat! What was that smirk about?!
     I'mma expose you! Just you wait!
     Sheesh!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yolo!
So don't forget to keep readin' this book. And thank you for the votes and comments. You guys make my day . . .   X')  :')
Peace!
- Mallina