Chapter Five - Prevention

YAYYYYY I MADE A COVER. I KNOW IT SUCKS BUT I LIKE IT SO HA.

I'm SOOOOO sorry I didn't update last night. :( MY WIFI AND LAPTOP SUCK, JUST FOR THE RECORD. And by the way, did you know that thunder storms are horrid things? >.> Well, they are.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Five

Jay searched through his bottom cupboards, finally finding a bottle of what looked to be whiskey. He grabbed two small glasses, and poured some of the yellow-looking liquird into both glasses. He handed Murphy one of them, and Murphy looked at it strangely.

"I take it you've never tried whiskey before?" Jay chuckled, taking a sip of the drink.

"Nope." Having been stuck in a cell for almost six years of his life, Murphy had missed out on a lot. He had heard of whiskey, but had never tasted it. Sure, the ark had some, but even the best thieves on the ark couldn't have gotten any alcohol or drugs.

After taking a shot drink, Murphy scrunched up his face and loathing of the infernal drink, setting the glass down and pushing it away from him. "Disgusting." He said hoarsely before coughing.

Jay laughed at Murphy's reaction. He reached into the fridge and tossed him a bottle of water, which Murphy eagerly caught. Once he had taken a long drink, he leaned back against the counter while Jay pulled out a chair at the table.

Murphy glanced up and around the kitchen, and the first thing that caught his eye was a photo on the fridge, stuck to the metal by magnets. It seemed to be a picture of Jay and the girl that he had met earlier that day, but he couldn't remember her name to save his life. "What's up with you and Eve's friend?" He gestured to the photo.

Jay smiled. "You mean Hannah?" He asked, glancing up at Murphy, who gave a slight nod. She's my girlfriend. She's moving in next week, and I hope to propose to her in the next year." The smile he was wearing nearly made Murphy think that the man was in a daze, with that giddy look on his face. He seemed so happy when he thought or even spoke about Hannah.

"When did you meet her?" Murphy asked, genuinely interested, a strange feeling for him indeed.

Jay took a sip of the whiskey. "Oh, I've known her my whole life, but it was on her 16th birthday that I realized I loved her."

Murphy's eyebrows furowed when he saw the look on Jay's face. He seemed tense and upset when he thought about that day. "What happened?"

"Her boyfriend at that time decided that he should sleep with another girl after Hannah's party was over. She caught them, and he nearly beat her to death when she started to yell at him."

"And you got him back for it?" Murphy smirked. It would make him very glad to know that violence was tolerated on Earth.

Jay chuckled, shaking his head and taking another sip of the drink. "I got there before he could leave. When I found her... Well, let's just say that I didn't take it too well."

"Did you kill him?" Murphy asked, raising his eyebrows. He hadn't expected Jay to be the violent type.

He shook his head again. "No, but my friends and I gave him a pretty good warning. I realized that night exactly how much I cared about her... And what exactly I would do to protect her." He smiled slightly. "After that, we told the leaders, and they voted to send him to the Senata colony."

Murphy nodded. He had no idea what the Senata colony was, but wasn't interested enough to ask.

"Oh, by the way, the electricians down at Draka have found sound waves off your space station."