Chapter Thirty-Four - Count Your Blessings

Well. I've officially lost all hope. I tried to call those jerks today to see if they could get the files off my laptop, and I left a message. I called over four times afterwards, and they never answered. 

Sooo... I don't know what to do. 

The song is Counting Stars, just because I like it. xD That, and I feel like it was a nice song for this chapter.

Goal: 50 reads, 4 votes.

Enjoy! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Four

Murphy stared down at her for a few seconds, almost frozen, when he nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, it's me." He leaned down, taking her hands in his and lifting her up and out of the hatch.

The only way that he knew Dr. Griffin was because when he was in the skybox, which was the 100's word for juvenile jail, he often got into a large amount of fights. Mainly because he was an argumentative and stubborn idiot back then. She was always the one who looked after him, but they rarely ever spoke. It was the type of thing where he went in, got fixed up, then went out again.

"How many are on the station?" Murphy said.

"Less than five hundred." She replied. Murphy cursed under his breath, shaking his head. This would take forever.

She began wiping at her bloody and dirt-caked forehead with her sleeve before standing on the other side of the hatch, ready to help lift more people out of the hatch. He knew that she would likely be weak, considering how hard she seemed to hit her head.

"You have to go, Abby. This thing is going to burn, and explode if it reaches any kind of gas. If it hits the hydrazine, we're all dead." He said, before glancing down at the hatch. He reached down, his hands searching for a feel of any person in there.

"No John, I'm going to help you whether you like it or not." She said, moving beside Murphy.

"Fine then." He mumbled, reaching all the way into the hatch. His hand finally caught someone elses, and he pulled them up. There was a ladder to get to the hatch in the dropship, so he was hoping that this was the same and it wouldn't be as difficult. Abby grabbed the person's other hand, and they both lifted at the same time.

Their actions were now going more quickly, and Murphy guessed that they were taking out approximately 15 people per minute, and it had been more than ten minutes at that point. One other person, a doctor that was good friends with Abby, had been the second person to leave the station. He had gone over to the edge of it, and Jack had gotten a ladder. He was assisting the people down the ladder and directing them to a safe area. The fire had slowed down, but hadn't stopped. It had continued burning, and now around half of the station was on fire.

Suddenly, Murphy heard a loud slamming sound, like metal hitting the forest floor. He was right, that was exactly what it was. Raven had been working hard, and had untightened each and every screw in the main entrance of the station. She had kept going until it had fallen at her feet. A large amount of the people had gone running out of the station, and Murphy and Abby were about to go to the ladder. They had gotten there, when Murphy heard it.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Abby said, coughing a little when the smoke began blowing their way.

"Dammit." Murphy hissed under his breath. It was a child's scream, he could hear it clearly. She must still have been stuck in the station, and no one had noticed yet.