Chapter Twenty-Eight - Promise Me

HAI! :3 Happy OFFICIAL birthday to my best friend @MarcelllStylessss! ^.^

I felt like this chapter kind of... I dunno. I'll tell you at the end.

The song for this chapter is "Anything Can Happen" by Ellie Goulding, mainly because hey, Anything Can Happen on Earth. :P

Goal: 35 reads and 2 votes.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Eight

She skipped the elevator, going straight to the stairs instead. She ran down them as fast as she could, feeling once again near instant relief when she was finally out the front doors. It was still raining, but she was almost too overwhelmed by the previous events to notice.

She quickly walked down the street, and was nearly a block from the hall when she heard her name being called by the last person that she wanted to be around.

"Eve!" Murphy yelled.

She sped up her pace, walking more and more quickly. "Eve, wait!" He yelled again, and she could now hear him running up behind her. He wrapped his hand around her wrist, swinging her around to face him.

His eyebrows furrowed, and his lips parted. His eyes moved from her wrist and up to her eyes. "You're crying."

How could she be so stupid? Of course he could tell, her eyes were red and puffy and they were standing under a street light.

"No, I'm not."

"You are, Angel. I'm not blind." He said, moving his hand up to her face and grazing his thumb lightly against her cheek bone.

Eve pushed his hand away gently, moving away from him. "I'm fine, Murphy."

She began to back away, when Murphy just followed her. "You need to tell me what he said."

"Fine! He said that I can't trust you. He said that you never changed, and that you're just using me."

Murphy's eyebrows furrowed, and he shook his head. "Eve, you know that's not true."

"How do I know that?" Eve said, biting her lip and the tears pooling out even more. She wondered how she was even able to speak now.

Murphy opened his mouth to speak, then closed it again when he realized that what he was going to say wasn't exactly the best thing to say. "I'm sorry if I ever made you think that, I-"

"No, Murphy! It's not that, I just-" A second later, he had cut her off too. Of course, it wasn't by speaking.

It was by giving her the most passionate and sensual kiss that she had ever felt. His hands were placed on both sides of her face, almost making it impossible to tear herself away. But at that point, she wasn't sure she wanted to. The frustration, anger, sadness, everything... It just... Vanished. It vanished when he touched her. When he kissed her. When he told her or showed her how much he loved her.

He pulled away at some point, she wasn't sure when. She just knew that she hated it when he did.

He moved back, stepping back further and further. "Eve... I'm... I'm sorry." He stopped, running a hand through his soaking wet hair. "I can't do this anymore."

"What?" She said, but it almost came out as more of a whimper or in a pleading tone.

"I can't do this anymore... I can't act like everytime I'm around you, I'm not completely torn apart. I lose focus. I lose my mind. Hell, I lose MYSELF." He said, now breathing heavily.