Chapter Ten - The Bet

I sort of felt like this was just a filler compared to what will happen next chapter... So get ready, people. ;) And I was listening to this song all day today, so yeah. :) Have any of you ever heard of 5SOS (5 Seconds Of Summer)? Well, this is their newest song. ^.^ Don't stop.

And I FOUND ANOTHER MURPHY AGAIN. Wow I really love saying that. xD 

OH AND IT MOVES TOO. :D

Goal is 10 reads and 1 vote. :)

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ten

Eve slowly pulled back the drawstring, the arrow placed inside of it. It had been two days since that night, and Murphy's burns had gotten to the point where they nearly didn't need the bandages anymore. He had been there for a total of 20 days, Eve had counted.

Eve was slightly worried about Murphy, he had been disappearing for hours at a time in the past three days. It was strange, because Jack always seemed to disappear around the same time. She assumed that Jack was probably just preparing him to join the guards, or maybe was taking him on a hunting trip. Either way, she was spending less time with him now. She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. She had more time for training and trying to help Jackie, Marcel, and Marcus with the electrical problems, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. she missed Murphy. Just like she missed everyone else who was gone.

Eve was just about to shoot the arrow, when she felt a tap on her right shoulder. She jumped, and shot the arrow by accident, missing the target by about two feet. She spun around to glare at the perpetrator, only to see Murphy making a mixture of a smirk and a grin on his face.

"Murphy!" She groaned. He laughed, causing her to frown and cross her arms over her chest after putting her bow down. "That's not funny!"

He shook his head. "No, I think it is. You work so hard, yet you can't hit the target when you get surprised or can't see correctly."

"Oh, please! I could hit that target in my sleep." She glared at him.

"Oh really?" He chuckled, smirking and cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes!" She argued.

"Wanna bet on it?"

"Fine." She said, grabbing her bow off the ground and walking in front of him with her arrows. "If I win, you have to help Jay in his shop for a month, and help me with every job that I have to do with Marcus and Marcel for two months."

"And if I win, you have to go on a date with me. Tonight." He smirked.

She lowered the bow, her interest at it's peak. "A date? Where?"

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out."