Chapter Twenty-One - "What do you want from me?"

So, just like the last chapter, this one is named after the song it's based on... Well, sort of. It's actually "Whataya want from me ?" But still! Dx IT WORKS OKAY.

By the way I loved this chapter... Actually, I kind of improvised. At the end of the chapter, that little cliff hanger? Yeah, I didn't even think of writing that until I actually did. SO YAY. :D 

Okies. Goal: 15 reads 1 vote. Just like always. :P

OKAI BAIIIIIIIIII

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-One

Eve quickly walked up to the crowd, Hannah and Jay right beside her. Jack and Murphy were standing at the top of a hill, the others all at the bottom of it. 

"We'll wait until tomorrow to find the bomb site, but for now we need to set up camp. I would suggest going to the river and washing off before you go to sleep, and make sure you get enough food as well. We'll be walking a lot more tomorrow." Jack said, an air of leadership evident in his voice. She heard Hannah groan, and laughed a little.

They were about a hundred feet from the river, and Eve noted that they hadn't reached the grounder territory yet, so it was safe to be near the river. But, if they travelled a few more miles without going to the other side of the river, then they would be dead within seconds from those damn cannibals.

She, along with the rest of the people, dropped her backpack onto the dirt ground and quickly walked to the river. She took off her shoes, grinning at an extremely eager Hannah. The river was shallow, five feet deep at the most. Still, she bolted to the edge of the river, jumping off a flat rock and literally diving into the water, even with all of her clothes on. Jay laughed before running after her, and practically jumping and tackling the poor girl in the water. 

Eve laughed, then walked over to the water's edge, and stood staring down at them. "So, how cold is it?"

Hannah had already started shivering, but was laughing so hard and being hugged by Jay so much that she didn't even look like she had noticed. 

Suddenly, Eve felt two large hands on her back. She was about to turn around and confront whoever it was, before she felt the hands push her straight into the water. "In you go!" She heard Jack yell from behind her, and she screamed a little before hitting the water. 

She slowly went up to the surface, now soaking wet and shivering. "Cold. Very cold." She said, and glared up at Jack, who was practically rolling on the ground laughing. Murphy playfully shoved him, but he couldn't hold in his laughs either. Eve sighed before walking to the edge of the water, sitting on a slightly submerged rock. 

Jack frowned a little, sitting beside her on the rock. "I'm sor-" Before he could finish his sentence, she had shoved him into the water, smirking. He quickly broke through the surface, shaking his head to stop the water from dripping into his eyes. Everyone began laughing at him, and he chuckled as well. He certainly had a sense of humor.

*

Eve sighed softly, sitting down on the flat rock. She stared silently up at the stars, running a still soaking wet hand through her hair. Just like always, she couldn't sleep. She hadn't been able to sleep for a long time now, at least a week.

She heard footsteps behind her, and she bit her lip. "Can't sleep?" She heard Murphy say from behind her. 

She didn't say anything, but just shook her head. He sat down beside her, and she moved away a little.