Chapter Thirty-Six - Confessions Of An Astro

This chapter is pretty much a recap of everything that has happened, and it's also kind of about forgiveness as well. There's a lot of Jaha/Murphy action in here. :3

The song for this is chapter is "Love Don't Die" by The Fray. They're one of my favourite bands. :3 And if any of you watch TVD, Candice Accola, the girl who plays Caroline Forbes, is in the video! :D Keep an eye out for her. I just really like the song lately, it has nothing to do with the chapter. 

Goal: 50 reads and 5 votes.

Enjoy. ^.^

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Six

Murphy chuckled softly as Jack attempted at sitting up once again, but groaned and fell back again. "I told you, you're still too weak to get up."

"Yeah, but it never hurts to try." He grumbled, then groaned again. "Wait, scratch that, yes it does." He breathed out.

Jack had been healing well over the past three days. The wound had scabbed over, and Jack was getting his stitches taken out as well. Jack had heard about Anya's truce through her, and it had taken him a few minutes to calm down and not try to shoot her. That had been quite a thing for him to wake up to.

Murphy, Adam, and Carson had been in charge, but always asked Jack for help if they needed it, which was pretty often if they thought about it.

Eve was trying to convince the other leaders to come to the colony, or maybe even get them to meet each other somewhere in the middle. The leaders were more than interested about the people of the Ark, they wanted to meet them soon.

Jack sighed softly. "Well, in that case, I guess you'll have to do it."

"It?"

"You need to tell the Chancellor."

Murphy raised an eyebrow. "Tell him what?"

"Everything. All that has happened in the time since that dropship touched the ground."

Murphy gave a slow nod, standing up and walking towards the door.

"And Murphy?"

"Yeah?"

Jack paused, his lips parting before he closed them again and swallowed dryly. "Make sure you don't leave anything out about Jackson."

*

Murphy knocked his knuckles against the door, sighing a little before stepping back and waiting patiently.

Unlike the others, Jack had made sure that the Chancellor had his own house instead of sharing an apartment. He wanted him to be treated with respect. Murphy had slowly changed his views of Jaha, he now knew that he was willing to do anything to protect his people and to let them survive.

The Chancellor pulled open the door, furrowing his eyebrows slightly in confusion. "Hello, John."

"You can call me Murphy if you want." He said, giving a nod of his head.

"And you can call me Jaha." The corners of his lips tugged upwards in a small smile, and he moved away from the door. "Come in."

Murphy stepped into the apartment, closing the door behind him as Jaha moved towards the kitchen. Murphy followed him silently, leaning against the doorframe as he watched Jaha begin to pour coffee into a mug. "Coffee?"