Chapter Fifteen - New Beginnings

HIIIII GUYS. :D VAS UP?

So I watched The Outsiders and OMFG I CRIED SO HARD

I am sooooo happy that they let Murphy stay at the camp in 1x11. :D

Soooooooo... I'd just like to point out ahead of time that I might be making the days pass more than they actually are in the story... Like in the story Murphy has been at the colony for 25 days, whereas in the actually show it's only been around 10 days, maybe less, since 1x04. So yeah, sorry about that.

I'm SOOOOO excited about the chapter after this... Get ready people, it's gonna be a doozy. ;)

Hope you like it! :D

By the way, I got on today and saw that the story had gotten a total of 1,250 reads... I screamed. I literally screamed.

And the song for this chapter is My Immortal by Evanescence. I don't know, I just kind of thought of Murphy and Eve when I heard this. I know things are tough between them right now... But don't worry, it will get better. In time, it will.

ENJOY. :3

_________________________________________________________________

Chapter 15

Eve had told Hannah what happened the night before, and since then, she hadn’t left her side. She was not only defensive, but also worried about Eve’s current situation with Murphy. They were both walking towards the clearing near the training grounds, where they would burn Jackson’s body.

The crowd of people, which was nearly the entire colony, were now huddled around the body. It was laid out on a raised bed of wood and sheets, Jackson’s body entirely covered by it so that it left a white outline in the sheet. It was tradition for the family of the deceased to burn their bodies, so the sheets and wood would catch fire easily.

Jack stood on the right side of the body, Murphy standing beside him. Eve and Hannah stood on the left side, and Eve could do nothing except for stare at the corpse of her dead father. She was curious as to how Jack felt about this. She looked up at him to see if he was upset, but her eyes didn't meet his. They met Murphy's.

Murphy stared at her with a saddened and worried expression, as if it was tearing him apart just to have her that far away from him. But Eve knew better. She couldn't take her eyes away from his for a few moments, but she eventually tore them away as she walked over to Adam. He was the one holding the torches. Jack did the same, taking his torch from Adam and giving him a slight nod after doing so.

Eve bit her lip, taking the torch and walking back to the body slowly. A priest said a few words, but Eve wasn't paying attention at all. She couldn't, not in the current circumstances. Not when she was burning her father's body... Not when she was currently being stared at by Murphy.

Both Jack and herself moved their torches slowly to the body, as he glanced up at her. "To new beginnings." He whispered. She gave a slow nod, before the torches lit the body on fire.