Chapter Twenty-Six - Cold Welcoming

I actually thought that this chapter was more of a filler, to be honest. BUT... The next two chapters are kinda gonna change everything... And I literally mean EVERYTHING.

Soooooooooo. The goal is 30 reads and 2 votes. :D

BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. 

OH. And happy birthday night thingy to @MarcelllStylessss , her birthday is coming up but I'm not gonna be around when it happens so we're going out to see TFIOS tonight. :D YAY. I'm probably gonna cry... A lot... I'M SO EMOTIONAL.

K. Well. BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AGAIN.

WAIT. And also the song for this chapter is "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" from the Mulan soundtrack. I feel like Jack should be singing this when he's talking to the 100. xD

OK BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII NOW.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Six

Murphy kept his arm around Eve's waist, making sure that he kept her close. He didn't want Bellamy, or really any of the 100 near her. John would have been an exception, but he was gone now.

Carson was standing on his left, while Eve was standing on his right. They were both waiting patiently, along with the rest of the colony. What they were waiting for was the 100. 

It was nearly three o'clock in the morning, but there had been multiple messages sent from the few radios that they had. Jack had said that he wanted to get there as soon as possible, because if they were willing to make Lincoln so sick like that and nearly kill Eve, then who knows what they would do to the 100.

One of the guards walked up to Murphy, a large basket of apartment keys in the bucket. "The rooms are ready."

"How many can fit in each apartment?"

"Seven. Now, at least. We've moved extra couches and single cots in some of the low-level apartments."

Murphy nodded. "There's less than a hundred there, ninety if they're lucky." He paused for a moment, doing the math in his head. "That's thirteen rooms used up. How many do we have to spare?"

"Thirty-seven. We have more than enough room."

Murphy nodded, then Carson spoke up from beside him.

"Yes, but... There's always the possibility of the people coming down from the ark, right?"

"Yeah, it is possible. But we can send them to the other colonies if we need to. We'll spread them out." Eve said, sighing softly and resting her head on Murphy's shoulder.

A crowd had gathered when they heard what was happening, the mere shock and disbelief of the whole situation was enough to get the entire town to be standing in front of the pathway, which was where they hoped to see the trucks safely return. The colony knew nearly everything, including what Murphy had done. But, no one cared. They understood why he did it. They didn't want the ark to take control either, and they knew that was the reason he had done what he did. They also understood why he never told anyone about what had happened to him in the camp, or why he never told them about the camp at all. No one would want to help the people that had tried to kill them.

Murphy's ears perked up when he heard it. The sound of an engine and gravel being crushed beneath tires. "There they are!" A watchman yelled from atop one of the larger buildings. "They're three hundred feet away!" He yelled again.