Chapter Thirty-Two - Dear Mr. President

HAI! :D

The song for this chapter is "Dear Mr. President" by P!nk. I feel really connected to this song, just because I'm  a very passionate person, especially about fairness and having everyone treated the same. But eh, whatever. The reason why I chose it is because I think of Jaha everytime I listen to it now.

BAI! :D

Goal: 45 reads and 3 votes.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Two

 "So what movie do you wanna watch?" Eve asked, walking over to the large cabinet where she kept her old movies.

"I don't a lot of movie titles, you can pick." Murphy replied, plucking a piece of popcorn from the bowl he was carrying and popping it into his mouth.

She smiled softly before pulling out a random movie. "I wanna show you what a cliche movie scene looks like."

He chuckled. "What exactly IS a cliche movie scene?"

She put the DVD into the player, quickly pressing play before grabbing the remote and bringing it with her over to the table. "It basically means that every movie has it. It just happens a lot. Too much, actually. That's what cliche means." She shrugged her shoulders. "It's not unique at all."

"Huh." He said, biting the inside of his cheek slightly. "Well in that case I hate it."

She laughed before sitting down beside him, and he moved his arm around her shoulders, holding her close to him.

The opening credits began, and Murphy raised an eyebrow. "Really? The Notebook? 

"Yes. The Notebook." She said, not taking her eyes off the screen. She suddenly paused, then turned back to him. "Wait, how do you even know about it?"

"We had a lot of movies and T.V. shows on the Ark, I've heard about this but haven't ever watched it." He shrugged.

"Did you think you'd like it?" She smiled slightly, an eyebrow raised.

He chuckled. "What do you think, Angel?"

"Why do you always call me that?" She furrowed her eyebrows. She didn't look annoyed or anything, she just looked curious.

"Well... When I first met you, I thought that's what you looked like at first." He smiled slightly. "And you're also a good girl, too."

She raised an eyebrow again, then laughed and shook her head. "Oh please, I'm far from good."

"Angel, you're always a good girl. Be proud of who you are." He chuckled.

"Oh really?"

He laughed. "I remember how the last conversation like this ended."

She smirked slightly before moving closer to him. She moved her hand to the side of his face, making his head turn and face her. She leaned forwards, kissing him softly. But Murphy didn't do softly.

He swept his hand under her leg, suddenly lifting her and moving her body so that she was on his lap, straddling him. Unfortunately, a minute later he heard a loud knock at the door. He ignored it at first, then ended up groaning when he heard it again. He sighed, and Eve got off his lap so that he could stand up. He walked quickly to the door, mumbling curses under his breath.

He pulled it open, only to expose a worried looking messenger. “Leader Layton wants you at the colony hall.” He said, and Murphy dismissed him before turning back to Eve and shutting the door.