Chapter Seventeen - Confliction

Omigawd... I WATCHED THE 100 TODAY BECAUSE I COULDN'T WATCH IT ON WEDNESDAY AND JESUS CHRIST MURPHEEEEEH <3 HE LOOKED EVEN HOTTER THAN HE DID IN 1x01 AND I THOUGHT THAT WASN'T EVEN POSSIBLE.

Okies. Now. TIME FOR DA STORY.

Goal: 15 reads and 1 vote.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Seventeen

She sat on the ground, on her knees and completely silent. A chain was wrapped around her wrists and was encircled in a ring that was attached to the wall. Blood was on her forehead, the after effect of a large gash, and dried mud was holding strands of her hair together. She had her leg bent at a strange angle, as if it had just been healed from a broken bone. The grounder, or whoever put her there, must have not wanted her to leave.

She looked up from the chains, fear encasing her face, and even more so when she saw him. "Murphy?" She whispered, her voice shaking slightly.

He nodded, before kneeling down and setting the gun on the ground. He walked over to the grounder slowly, staring down at him. He hadn't ever actually seen one in real life, but he had seen what they were capable of.

He looked down at his hand, and realized that there was a key in it. He snatched it from his hand, walking over to Octavia. He had noticed that the chain was warpped around the ring with a padlock over it, so this key might be able to unlock it.

Everyone else came into the room, their weapons lowered. They all stared silently at them, but then Jack spoke. "You know each other?"

Murphy glanced up at Octavia, before looking down and shoving the key into the padlock. "We used to."

"Used to?"

"She was my friend's sister." He said, then leaned over and whispered in Octavia's ear. "You have to come with us. Trust me."

"Why should I?" She mumbled, sighing in relief once he finally unlocked the padlock and removed the chains from the ring.

"You almost got me killed with Clarke and Bellamy. You owe me." He said through gritted teeth.

Octavia stared up at him, her eyes cold and dark, while her jaw was clenched. But, she still nodded anyway.

"We have to get her back to the colony," Jack said, gesturing to grounder with his gun and his finger on the trigger. "After we kill him." He stalked towards the grounder, and Octavia yelled out.

"Wait!" She yelled, grabbing the sleeves of his jacket and pulling herself up, Murphy doing the same. She tried to run in front of Jack, but screamed when her leg gave out. Murphy caught her before she hit the ground. She panted, but argued anyway. "Stop! He didn't hurt me."

Jack's eyebrows furrowed. "It looks like it to me." He said, gesturing once again with his gun, this time to her leg and making her jump slightly.

"No, no... I fell."

"You fell?" He said, disbelievingly and staring down at her leg. "Nasty fall."

"It was down a hill!" She yelled, her eyebrows furrowed again, this time in anger and frustration. "I hit a rock, that's how I got this on my head." She argued, pointing to the gash on her forehead.

Jack clenched his jaw. "Fine, we'll go."

James slowly moved towards him, and that was when Murphy saw him move. "James, don't!" He yelled, before the grounder shot up off the ground, his fingers clutching a knife. He swiped it at James, who hissed in pain when it sliced across his abdomen.