Chapter Eight - What did he do?

I felt like this was sort of a more serious chapter than a loving type thing... But it's kind of cute in a way. :) You'll see why.

I listened to this song pretty much the entire time I was writing this: Inside Out by Andrew Austin. I can't help it, it kind of reminded me of how Eve and Murphy's lives were impacted by each other. :3

By the way, I'm sorry I didn't put the chapter up faster... You guys kind of reached the goal before I could even finish writing this chapter. xD Lol.

Speaking of which, how about we move it up a bit? 15 reads and 2 votes. :D

And also I FOUND A MURPHEH AGAIN. <3 

____________________________________________________________

Chapter Eight

They talked for the rest of the night, Murphy insisting that he wasn't tired and Eve refusing to leave him alone.

Murphy had more than one reason to stay awake. The first was that he wanted to be with Eve, he didn't want to stop talking to her. Secondly, the nightmares would be back if she left him.

It was around 7:30 in the morning, and Murphy could hear the hospital staff now active in the hallways.

Eve came back in the room, a nurse walking in behind her. The nurse looked surprised to see him awake. What, did she think that Eve was lying or something.

She looked to be checking his vitals on the machines before pressing the end of a stethoscope to his chest. Murphy shivered a little when she did, it was ice cold. She pulled the device out of her ears, smiling.

"Now that you're awake, it looks like you're going to be fine." She grinned. "The burns are healing quickly, so they should be gone soon. The scars shouldn't stay long either, maybe a month at the most. You're going to be just fine." She msiled, standing up and leaving the room.

Eve looked like she wanted to say something, with her lips parted, but the nurse poked her head in the door again. "By the way, you have a few visitors."

She left, and three other people entered. It was Jay, Hannah, and Jack. Hannah stared at him, then looked away worriedly. Jay looked at him with pity in his eyes, while Jack had a blank look on his face with his eyebrows furrowed. He seemed to be thinking hard about something.

"Well, John, I'd just like to say that I owe you a hell of a lot. You were there for my sister when I wasn't. So, for that, I'd like to thank you." He smiled softly, putting his arm around Eve's shoulders and hugging her slightly. Murphy smiled at him.

"You can call me Murphy. And it's fine, a few burns is a small price to pay for a life." He smiled softly at Eve, who grinned back.

"Also, I'd like to talk to you alone, if that's alright." He glanced around at the rest of them, and Hannah and Jay left, while Eve was reluctant. Jack chuckled. "Don't worry, I don't bite."

"Yeah, unless it involves a grounder or someone you don't like." She mumbled, slowly exiting the room.

Jack pulled up a chair beside Murphy's bed, and Murphy had gotten enough strength that he was now able to sit up. Jack sat down beside him, and Murphy sighed softly, picking at the extremely tight bandages on his right arm.

"Well, I'm glad to see you're awake."

Murphy nodded. "Eve helped me a lot. I woke up when she was trying to calm me down during one of my nightmares."

"Actually, I think you were having night terrors."

"Night terrors?"

"Night terrors are basically things when it feels like you're dreaming, but you end up shaking a lot and trembling for no reason. It's almost like you can't wake up. From the way Eve described it, you only had mild cases."