Chapter Thirty-Five - The Peacemaker

GUYS. It worked. :3 The employee got everything wrong, but the boss, the guy that I trust, got every file off my hard drive. In short: I WILL BE ABLE TO FINISH CLARITY.

So. YAY! :D

I have had a full on addiction to "Wait On Me" by Rixton lately. I'm serious. I LOVE IT.

Goal: 50 reads, 5 votes

Note: There is officially 38 chapters in Clarity. So, you have chapters 35, 36, 37, and 38 to go. A lot can happen in four chapters... >:3

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Five

Everything had happened quickly after that.

The people of the ark had all backed as far away from Anya as they could, some had even screamed or gasped when Jack was stabbed.

Jack had fallen backwards, his fingers wrapped around the knife now implanted just under his ribcage. He didn't try to pull it out, but he seemed to be trying to stop the bleeding in those few seconds he was still standing. His knees had given out from under him, and he had fallen backwards. Eve had darted forwards and caught him, then eventually realized that the weight was too much. She stumbled, keeping her balance, and James ran over to help hold him up. Clarke and Abby had ran forwards, both intent on helping him in any way they could. He had fallen unconscious less than a minute later, likely from the trauma and blood loss.

Anya had attempted at unwrapping the chain from her hand, having gotten her right one free but not her left, when Jane lunged at her and quickly punched her in the stomach. She slammed her foot into Anya's knee, causing it to give out from under her, before Jane elbowed her in the nose. It was obvious that Anya had more than just a bloody nose, Murphy was pretty sure it was broken.

Murphy, at the same time that Jane was fighting Anya, had grabbed a shotgun from one of the more frozen-in-shock guards. He walked quickly towards Anya, pointing the barrel directly at her head.

His left arm was shaking badly, causing the barrel of the gun to shake as well. He wanted to do it, he wanted to kill her so much that he was almost worried for his own sanity.

Jasper wouldn't have been hit, Murphy wouldn't have been captured, Eve wouldn't have almost been killed by an axe through a window, John wouldn't have been killed, James wouldn't have been hurt, Eve wouldn't have been shot with an arrow, Jack wouldn't have been stabbed... Half of the horrible things that had happened to them are all her fault.

Anya now had the chains wrapped firmly around her wrists, again behind her back. She was staring up at Murphy, the look in her eyes cold and dark.

He slowly moved his right hand, laying his shaking finger on the trigger, and moving his head so that he was looking through the eye target.

At that moment, her eyes darted to his right hand, and Murphy saw a flash of fear in her eyes. That made him think differently.

"Do you hate the grounders?" Murphy asked from beside Eve, speaking nearly absentmindedly as he stared up at the stars.

"No." She said after pausing for a moment before turning her head to look at him.

"Why not?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows a little.

She shrugged. "I don't know, I just don't see a reason to."

"But they've caused so much damage, killed so many people..." He frowned.

She smiled softly before sitting up, her back off the porch swing. "Murphy, they're just like us."

"How?"