Chapter Thirteen - Missing

Okay so it took you guys a long time to reach the goal of 20 reads, so I guess I'll knock it down again to just 15 reads and 1 vote.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirteen

Hannah handed Eve the small mug, sitting down on the couch beside her. “Okay, that's it.”

“What?” Eve said, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

“You know what I mean.”

She shook her head, feigning innocence. “I have no idea what you're talking about.”

“Something happened last night and today. You're nervous, you're jumpy, but you also can't stop grinning.”

“Geez, what are you, a profiler?”

“Yes.” Hannah smirked. “Now tell me!”

Eve sighed, rolling her eyes and setting her mug on the coffee table. “Fine.”

Hannah stared at her expectantly.

“Remember when Murphy and I were at the targets?” She nodded. “He made a bet with me that if I didn't hit the middle of the target with a blindfold on, I had to go on a date with him that night.” It was kind of surprising how much her face lit up. She looked like she was about to have a freak attack.

“Oh my god, really?!”

“Hush, or I'm not telling you the rest.” Her eyes widened, and she nodded.

“Well, it was pretty fun. I liked it.”

“And?”

“Later that night, when he dropped me off, I was drying my hair and he came back. He just stared at me for a while, then he...” Hannah was now literally on the edge of her seat. “Kissed me.” Hannah squealed, jumping up in the air and hopping around like a hyper rabbit.

“This is awesome!” She screamed, giggling.

“I thought you didn't like him!” She laughed.

Hannah froze. “Oh yeah.” She shrugged her shoulders. “Huh. Guess I changed my mind.”

Eve rolled her eyes again. “And then-”